• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
KingGrump

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The Playstation Theater is on 45th & 7th.

Haven't been to Bowlmoor. Been to Lucky Strike on 42nd and 9th couple years back for a reunion. Couldn't hear myself think.

We should set up an weekday afternoon to hit the Chinese grocery stores in Flushing. The weekends are crazy.
If you guys want to do it on a weekend, we have to start about 9:00 AM. Avoid the crowd and parking issues. Will give us a little more time to hang out.

TS
KingGrump

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Can one take the John Rocker express? Aka 7 train.

Only way to get to Flushing on the subway. Puts you right in the middle of it. Roosevelt & Main. Can't get any closer.

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm game.

@KingGrump ...Okay, just bought tickets for me and Peter. It's a surprise! ....and unfortunately the theater is in the Times Square area...

Most of that is before Brooklyn, became almost as expensive as Manhattan, Dumbo was for squatters, Junkies, and commercials. . But Patsy's/Grimaldi's was there, as was that barge with classical music. Exception was Brooklyn Heights (where the Clintons were looking post, 2000), which was always close.

I'd be more interested in the Grump food experience. The ski film? 3rd choice. I'd rather go Bowling. Wonder if the Port Authority Bus Terminal still has it's lanes. Didn't Bowlmoor move out of the Village?

@James @surfsnowgirl ...Sadly Brooklyn is not as cool as it used to be. Parts are definitely more expensive than Manhattan. The skyline has completely changed in a relatively short amount of time. When I got here the clocktower at BAM was the tallest thing...Now it's dwarfed by all the nasty luxury high rises. The worst part is that many of those buildings just sit there mostly vacant. They're just storage lockers for the extremely wealthy.

I believe the Port Authority bowling alley is still there! My office went for "Steak & Bowl" night awhile back. It was amazing and terrible at the same time.

Grump Food Experience - I'm in, but I can only do weekends. But I do get Columbus and Veteran's Days off, both fall on Mondays (Oct.14 and Nov.11). Would either of those days be crazy?

TS
KingGrump

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
No go on Columbus Day weekend. I'll be in VT.

TS
KingGrump

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
See post in Off Season Plans Spring Summer Fall thread.

Looks like you had a great time.
We'll let you slide this time. No excuse for next year. :beercheer:

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This could be a thing for you NYC meet and greeters:
REI SoHo

Pray for Snow Party
94103-deb29eaf1249f3b8f511bb413e5181e2.null

It's almost time to get down! Don't miss the co-op's annual Pray for Snow party! Here's what you can expect: libations, live music, a retro skiwear fashion contest (yes, you can participate and win rad prizes!), and your favorite top snow gear brands all under one roof. This is a party you won't want to miss!

...d@ng it, they're not doing this at any of the Philly area REI locations!

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
This could be a thing for you NYC meet and greeters:
REI SoHo

Pray for Snow Party
94103-deb29eaf1249f3b8f511bb413e5181e2.null

It's almost time to get down! Don't miss the co-op's annual Pray for Snow party! Here's what you can expect: libations, live music, a retro skiwear fashion contest (yes, you can participate and win rad prizes!), and your favorite top snow gear brands all under one roof. This is a party you won't want to miss!

...d@ng it, they're not doing this at any of the Philly area REI locations!

I’ve already rsvp’d for this anyone else going?

TS
KingGrump

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry, Mamie went thumbs down on that. She had a week in New Orleans with the girls and long weekend in VT.
Will catch you guy next time.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Are you still on for Friday?

Apologies KG; my comms were snafu'd almost as badly as i was jet-lagged and i missed that when i finally got online on saturday the 5th.
Wish I could've made it to the bar on the 3rd to meet Pugs, maybe next visit.

TS
KingGrump

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Apologies KG; my comms were snafu'd almost as badly as i was jet-lagged and i missed that when i finally got online on saturday the 5th.
Wish I could've made it to the bar on the 3rd to meet Pugs, maybe next visit.

No worries. There is always next year. :beercheer:

Sponsor