• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

nd_1975

Booting up
Skier
Does anyone know if the Prizm React goggles will actually come out this year? If so, any sense on launch date?

Thanks,

Neal Dunn

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Are they photochromatic or something?

TS
N

nd_1975

Booting up
Skier
Are they photochromatic or something?
They were supposed to be photochromatic to 3 setting based on an electrical charge. Basically you could adjust level of light transmission on the fly.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
They were supposed to be photochromatic to 3 setting based on an electrical charge. Basically you could adjust level of light transmission on the fly.

Well, intriguing for sure! I'd love something like that vs. swapping lenses during the day, or playing the guessing game. Bonus is I wear Oakley Flight Deck XMs anyway.

Rod MacDonald

Getting off the lift
Skier
Well, intriguing for sure! I'd love something like that vs. swapping lenses during the day, or playing the guessing game. Bonus is I wear Oakley Flight Deck XMs anyway.
How is that a bonus ?

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I doubt they would be. The control module, USB port, and buttons are built into the frame - not the lens.
Yeah, my current frames definitely do not have a USB port. Can you tell I didn't have a chance to look at the video? :P

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I live near their factory, and pass it often. I think I will have to stop on by and take a look.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I doubt they would be. The control module, USB port, and buttons are built into the frame - not the lens.

Correct. They’re starting with just integrating it into the Fall Line XL. If all goes well, I’m guessing they’ll start modifying other models to include the technology.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Thought I'd heard production quality is to shit and Oakley are conspicuously not talking about them any more....

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Thought I'd heard production quality is to shit and Oakley are conspicuously not talking about them any more....
Everything online about them seems to be more than a year old. Production issues sounds like a likely cause.

TS
N

nd_1975

Booting up
Skier
Everything online about them seems to be more than a year old. Production issues sounds like a likely cause.
Thanks for the information. I had assumed the same thing when they didn't come out last year as planned. When they showed up at trade shows and new reviews in Feb of this year, I thought that maybe something had changed.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just used the Glade goggles with photoreactive lenses at a very windy and stormy Winter Park today. They were great! Did just what they are supposed to. Went nearly cear when it was especially dark out or inside and darker when the light brightened. The lenses were super clear and the strap was nicely designed. Thick enough to not move and it has a double device for changing strap length so that there is no buckle or anything to get in the way of the helmet tiedown device. Not expensive either for the quality. $150.