• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Off season spring to do list...

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Cool rig there tex but you gotta catch some lunkers with that setup.
Crappie don't get that big. Legal size is 10 inches, and that size eats goods. those I caught are 11 to 14 inches, 14 inch crappie is really nice size. Many will argue crappie is best eating fresh water fish in texas.

I could see lots of them yesterday, getting them to bite was tough.

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Only one item on my spring to do list.

(01) Ski.

End of list.
Wish I was not so busy at work I would be taking a week off for sure for a May trip, I still hope to get back out there for a long weekend in May.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
First day without lift served skiing in the Northeast. Too lazy to hike for my turns. The Vermont fish hunting season runs for three more weeks so maybe I should take up a new activity. Hanging outside with a gun waiting to shoot your dinner sounds interesting.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Some more skiing, getting out on the bike. No major projects around the house.

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Vermont fish hunting season runs for three more weeks so maybe I should take up a new activity. Hanging outside with a gun waiting to shoot your dinner sounds interesting.
My guess is if you think you will like it, you probably will. I was never really much of a hunter or fisherman. After ski bumming 4 seasions and skiing every day, it drove me crazy living in Texas, not being able to ski every weekend during the winter. In 2003 had a buddy take me duck hunting, and I was hooked day 1, I said this is it for me, I can do this every weekend. It was a complete substituted for snow skiing, I never skied again till last year. It was the end of duck hunting season last year (end of Jan 2020), and I got the itch to snow ski again. I actully joined this forum right after that trying to get caught up on the sport, March 2020 took my kids skiing they never been before. Shoulder injury kept me from doing much duck hunting last year, but really I was just eat'n up with snow sking, it was all I could think about.

Here is how I roll all year now, I had to think hard how to fit in all my hobbies... :roflmao:

* Sep thru Oct - Dove hunting. Really enjoy the time with my dog dove hunting, and bacon wrapped smoked dove is pretty tasty too.
* Nov thru Jan - Duck hunting, also work in some ski trips.
* Feb thru April- Ski as much as I can.
* May thru July - Crappie fishing. I may try and go after some Stripers this season. Also do a lot of dog training.
* Aug - Stay in side mostly, too dang hot to do anything else! Clean my gun for hunting season