• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Off season Trainer options. Kickr Tacx Neo 2t-----thoughts?

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I am shopping now for an off season trainer setup. I have narrowed my interest to

1- Tacx Neo 2t. https://www.backcountry.com/tacx-ne...lc3VsdHM6dGFjeCBuZW8gMjoxOjE6dGFjeCBuZW8gMg==

2- Wahoo Kickr https://www.wahoofitness.com/devices/bike-trainers

3- Wahoo Kickr Core. IF I go with the Core, I could get the Kickr Climb.

Looking for input from folks who own these or have solid knowledge of them. I plan to use them for winter training with Zwift and other virtual ride programs as well as some training programs.

babanff

Out on the slopes
Industry Insider
I’ve got the Kickr Core and nothing but good reviews from me... granted its the only direct drive trainer I’ve ever used. About as realistic of a feel as you can get on a trainer. Very quick and easy to setup, can swap your bike out in seconds. Also small so stores easily and barely takes up any space in my living room. Pretty quiet but not the quietest... still riding with earbuds I don’t hear anything. Pairs seamlessly with Zwift. It’s perfectly adequate for what I want, but I’m also pretty low tech and basic with my needs... all I wanted was something quick and easy to spin on.

Reactions: Ron

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
I put something similar out on Facebook. My cycling addict called up the Wahoo Kickr and Zwift too. Since I'm not that into biking, but wanted some winter Cardio, I wasn't about to spend that much money. Meanwhile, I spent $1500 on a Paddling erg...So my addiction is in a different sphere.

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Decided to go with the Kickr Core and the Kickr Climb. Took a while to read and view all the details but the Core is really as good as the top trainers but, if you have power meter pedals (I own the Garmin Vector 3's) they do everything the top tier versions do. The Climb is a love it or hate it feature but it adds another level of realism to the trainers with the ability to raise and lower with pitch of climbs and descents.

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Decided to go with the Kickr Core and the Kickr Climb. Took a while to read and view all the details but the Core is really as good as the top trainers but, if you have power meter pedals (I own the Garmin Vector 3's) they do everything the top tier versions do. The Climb is a love it or hate it feature but it adds another level of realism to the trainers with the ability to raise and lower with pitch of climbs and descents.
You won’t be disappointed. I bought a reconditioned Kickr last Thanksgiving along with the Climb and the fan - which pairs to the heart rate sensor. enjoyed the setup so much that I bought a bike frame on ebay similar to my road bike and built up a dedicated set up with the Garmin vector 3’s.

Reactions: Ron

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Talking of trainers...
1614804543793.png

Sponsor

Staff online