• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Getting packed to ship out tomorrow AM. #SSPugski
10AD6DF9-3A1A-4445-B70D-D90C99079ECC.jpeg

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
If you ski today PLEASE post the conditions!

Conditions today were pretty much the same as yesterday, cold in the am and then warming up in the pm with brilliant blue sky. It last snowed last Sunday so skiing is zoomer groomer and they do an outstanding job grooming this mountain.

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
20200222_155703.jpg

A clear sign.

Question: I'm assuming IKON passes work at lift. RIFF or scan?

Heeler

Doug M.
Skier
Yes they work in your pocket just fine.
FWIW, if you're going to use buddy passes you'll need to use your pass to purchase a daily ticket from the ticket folks. You can however purchase multiple days at once, loaded onto a RFID card so it'll be straight to the lifts after that first day. I was my buddy's buddy two weeks ago for a few days. Yes, right in the middle of the storm cycle that came through before Kings and Queens. :Cristmassnow::daffy:
Have fun every one!

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
FWIW, if you're going to use buddy passes you'll need to use your pass to purchase a daily ticket from the ticket folks. You can however purchase multiple days at once, loaded onto a RFID card so it'll be straight to the lifts after that first day. I was my buddy's buddy two weeks ago for a few days. Yes, right in the middle of the storm cycle that came through before Kings and Queens. :Cristmassnow::daffy:
Have fun every one!
Thanks for the tip!

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
What I said about the bus at the Elk Country Inn is wrong, because of the construction next door. I'm sure everyone heard at check in, but pickup is at the 49er three doors down (on the side street).

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Here are the free mimosas at the airport, courtesy of the chamber of commerce. It was honor system -- just a sign that said "must be 21". I think I love Wyoming.
20200222_145528.jpg
I think the dispenser may have been sampling his wares.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Landed in Jackson. This really is the nicest airport ever: amazing views, free mimosas, 3 species of owls, AND a bald eagle! It’s kind over the top with the guys dressed as cowboys...

Owls, Eagles, and cowboys?? They must really roll out the welcome wagon on the weekend. There were only mimosas yesterday. Mrs. Crazie and I checked into the Antler Inn and spent today getting the lay of the land, the town and mountain. Looking forward to tomorrow. Wow, there really is a thing called natural snow. Looking forward to tomorrow.

@dbostedo et.al. sorry we missed the happy hour.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Oh, c'mon... we just had all that lovely natural snow at the mid-a Gathering (mixed with the unnatural snow on top of the ice).

Oh yeah, a half a foot of sierra type cement over ice at 7 Springs and over grass at Laurel. We all had fun times though, the highlight of the local season for me and second-best conditions of the year, so far.

Sponsor

Staff online