• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

OFFICIAL 2022 National Gathering at Aspen-Snowmass - February 26 - March 5, 2022

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
I love that place & have stayed there many times. Not this time due to much higher price. Nice large indoor hot tub & outdoor pool. Full breakfast to die for ! Cozy lobby.
Main ski bus area is across street.

I arrived Glenwood springs Cedar Lodge tonight & plan to ski Wed - Fri

Dragging a bit (literally & figuratively) so I’ll skip 9 am meetup. Delayed with car problems. Replaced brake pads that dragged today on rt front in the Harbor Freight parking lot in SLC ! Some tools I usually have in car we’re missing. Grrr
I lucked out and snagged one of their economy rooms for two nights, price was quite reasonable. The sad news is they just sold the place and the new owners take possession in the spring. Sounds like it will be renovated or rebuilt, so this may be its last season.

Last edited:

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Guess you guys don’t want to see me skiing butt naked. Lol

Ski jacket. Ikon pass pants and all my shirts were stolen from roof box in SLC. At Highlands but you guys have probably all left.
I love coed out and snagged one of their economy rooms for two nights, price was quite reasonable. The sad news is they just sold the place and the new owners take possession in the spring. Sounds like it will be renovated or rebuilt, so this may be its last season.
my friend don knew Ralph, the original owner, and his kids who took over. Stored his skis in their attic !

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@dbostedo - where's the 1:00 meetup tomorrow?
Per the opening post, top of the mountain between the gondola and the restaurant patio.

Edit... sorry @Dean ... I just noticed the opening post didn't have it. I know I updated it at some point - must have forgot to save it. It's updated now.

Last edited:

theNitza

Justin
Skier
Looking for shop recommendations for a wax and base grind/flattening either overnight here or over the weekend at Steamboat. Anyone have any contacts or have good experiences?

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Looking for shop recommendations for a wax and base grind/flattening either overnight here or over the weekend at Steamboat. Anyone have any contacts or have good experiences?
The Ski Shop Aspen has a very nice setup with a super high end Wintersteiger (2 years old) and their techs seem to know what they are doing but I have no personal experience with their tunes.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
So my last day is done, and I want to thank everyone that came out, everyone I got to ski with, and if I didn't ski with you, I hope to see you next year!!
We had a wonderful week with only one little oopsie (@AKMINK will be up and running sooner than later we hope). The skiing was great but seeing everyone is the best part. We'll be pointing the the rental S.S. Skitalk westward tomorrow. Safe travels to all!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Edgewerks here is superb with absolutely spot-on tunes. However, Im not sure how that relates to you if you are Aspen.
He is coming to Steamboat after The Gathering. We suggested Edgewerks.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@theNitza : If you don't figure out a better discount, tell Edgeworks that you have an IKON pass and they will give you a decent discount. I think it was something like $10-20 off a $59 tune that I got there about a month ago.
Also, I brought my skis in there about 4PM on a weekday in mid-January and they were ready for skiing the next morning.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@margaritamarcia and I are heading back to SLC tomorrow morning. This past week we experienced a combination of lethargy (late starts) and less stamina than we would like to have. Due to this, we missed a lot of meetup times and missed seeing, skiing with, and/or spending time with as many people as we usually would. Sadly, I never got to buy @Gary Stolt the drinks that I promised him for being clumsy and breaking his vintage ski pole - I’ll make it up to you somehow, Gary! Cheers to all and safe travels to your next destination. And thanks to @dbostedo and all who helped organize this event.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
This being my 15th National Gathering, I’d guess indicates I kinda like it and this one was as good as any other. Loved skiing with the many I’ve met previously and a few new members as well. The best group of people anyone could ask to ski with. Thanks @dbostedo for organizing. It’s a highlight of my year.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Couldn’t connect today till quitting time. But I half expected that as Snowmass is a huge place where people spread way out.
checked Gwynn’s/high alpine twice around 1:15- no one.
Did meet up and skied all day with Lonnie from Mammoth who I and a member not on pugski now have skied with at Mammoth. Got reacquainted. He’s not on the trip but met us at Highlands for beer on Wednesday. He’s one heck of a skier and a nice guy. I suggested he join skitalk/pugski.
our best run was headwall Cirque off the Poma at 2:30

Sponsor

Staff online