• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado OFFICIAL 2022 National Gathering Reports and Pics from Aspen-Snowmass - February 26 - March 5, 2022

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Looks like you all had a fantastic time! On top of that it has been a really good year snow wise for that zone. Jackpot!

Hopefully I can make it to next year's gathering. Any idea where its gonna be so I can plan my pass purchase accordingly?

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@mdf says:
My intended point was that I am used to the same for "disability" but hearing "injured" added was startling.

^^^ Of course.
But then it's Aspen -- where else can educated rich people hurt themselves with such frequency? ;)

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Hopefully I can make it to next year's gathering. Any idea where its gonna be so I can plan my pass purchase accordingly?

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Looks like you all had a fantastic time! On top of that it has been a really good year snow wise for that zone. Jackpot!

It's TBD at the moment, but I highly doubt it would be a non-IKON mountain. That means that at the least you would need the Base Plus product more than likely and I'll probably just spend the small amount of extra money and buy the full IKON pass for next season. I'm going to have to plan to add another trip along with Taos and the Gathering to make it worthwhile. Where do you want to go. ;)

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
It's TBD at the moment, but I highly doubt it would be a non-IKON mountain. That means that at the least you would need the Base Plus product more than likely and I'll probably just spend the small amount of extra money and buy the full IKON pass for next season. I'm going to have to plan to add another trip along with Taos and the Gathering to make it worthwhile. Where do you want to go. ;)

Where do I wanna go vs where I am gonna be able to go... :huh::(

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Here's a new one....
I'm waiting at ASE airport for my flight. They just announced boarding for some flight and the gate agent said "those with injuries are welcome to pre-board at this time."
Hmmm....
Too bad Ann wasn't there to take advantage!

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I broke my leg at Breckenridge many years ago on the day we were flying home. When I called the airport, I was told that I had to request a wheelchair 24 hours in advance. Well excuse me...24 hours ago I didn't have a broken leg!!! When we got to the airport, DH left me on a bench guarding our luggage and went in search of a wheelchair. That was not a fun trip home!

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Where do I wanna go vs where I am gonna be able to go...
In another thread I posted the question, what would you prefer more hassle and travel on arrival and departure days along with short to no lift lines OR quick and easy arrivals-departures, accompanied by traffic jams and lift lines?

Banff is on the Ikon and really is an iconic destination that alpinists have been visiting long before there were lifts....just sayin... it really should be on everyone's bucket list, even if just for the mountain scenery. Post cards don't do Lake Louise or Banff National Park justice.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
In another thread I posted the question, what would you prefer more hassle and travel on arrival and departure days along with short to no lift lines OR quick and easy arrivals-departures, accompanied by traffic jams and lift lines?

Banff is on the Ikon and really is an iconic destination that alpinists have been visiting long before there were lifts....just sayin... it really should be on everyone's bucket list, even if just for the mountain scenery. Post cards don't do Lake Louise or Banff National Park justice.
I'd prefer neither:huh:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Where's that thread? Can you link to it here? Deserves a separate discussion that I was about to start anyway.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Where's that thread? Can you link to it here? Deserves a separate discussion that I was about to start anyway.
My post was in the "Ikon adds Snowbasin etc." thread. Just go ahead and start a new thread.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Since I'm waiting on a new computer to do any photo editing and trip report, I thought I'd post a few basic pics from the last week... first a couple of group photos...

Some folks hadn't seen each other in a while on the first morning...

L-to-R: @Phelmut, @Dean, @Gary Stolt, @P-Ute, @jimmy, @Rainbow Jenny, @SKI-3PO, @Tony S, @Unpiste, @theNitza
Aspen Gathering 2022 005.JPG

Second morning at Highlands... apparently only @Rainbow Jenny and @David Chaus were into having this pic taken...

L-to-R: @Andy Mink, @P-Ute, @Flying Dutchess (her back anyway), @Brock Tice, @Dean (sunglasses), @KevinF, @Philpug, @theNitza, @Gary Stolt, @David Chaus, @Noodler, @SKI-3PO, @Rainbow Jenny, Leszek, @Unpiste
Aspen Gathering 2022 020.JPG

And at Highlands I got a few decent action shots on Thunder Bowl, which was a great morning groomer...

@Jim Kenney
Aspen Gathering 2022 021.JPG

@SkiDB
Aspen Gathering 2022 040.JPG

@MattSmith
Aspen Gathering 2022 041.JPG

@Rainbow Jenny
Aspen Gathering 2022 043.JPG

@theNitza
Aspen Gathering 2022 044.JPG

@Tony S with @Unpiste behind
Aspen Gathering 2022 046.JPG