• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado OFFICIAL 2022 National Gathering Reports and Pics from Aspen-Snowmass - February 26 - March 5, 2022

Unpiste

Booting down
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Had a great last day at Snowmass, with some nice new snow.

Campground to start, since everything higher was in the clouds
1ABD0CD2-E0D3-45B0-8B96-9600BC710BD3.jpeg

Lunch with @Near Nyquist, @MegKan, showing off her new jacket, and @Sandy_NYC.
709BA05B-4282-41D1-BD57-78C2D3E6A5AE.jpeg

Had a little trouble with the water, though.
BE32A02C-B482-4905-866E-692B0DA2304E.jpeg

Ended the day with a nice run down Long Shot…
887ABB5D-CC73-489E-9D09-806D019F6C26.jpeg
after which we naturally headed straight to Big Burn via Village Express for one last run down from the top.
2024B1D2-1A56-41EC-AA35-E0AD68C253B7.jpeg

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Not from the gathering, but @AKMINK's boss at Palisades. Ann's knee will heal. Boss's Z90s? Not so much!
56576.jpeg 56575.jpeg

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Ended the day with a nice run down Long Shot…
887ABB5D-CC73-489E-9D09-806D019F6C26.jpeg
It's just amazing how tall you two look when there are no dogs or children around for a visual reference.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
It's just amazing how tall you two look when there are no dogs or children around for a visual reference.
I'll have you know, actually, you should already know, that skiers with short legs get to ski more knee deep powder. :ogbiggrin:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Looks like a challenge for @Doug Briggs! Piece of cake. Get the right clamps, marine epoxy, etc., etc.
Bring on the elbow grease, some imagination and ingenuity!

Or......find another single ski to mate with it.
Bummer.

Another ski to mate would be easiest. Although the edge pulled out pretty cleanly and the sidewall looks intact. Replacing the edge might be viable.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Bummer.

Another ski to mate would be easiest. Although the edge pulled out pretty cleanly and the sidewall looks intact. Replacing the edge might be viable.
It looks like it actually broke the edge. Probably more hassle than it's worth.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
It looks like it actually broke the edge. Probably more hassle than it's worth.
That it pulled out of the ski so cleanly concerns me. I've never seen such an edge segment come out of a ski without some core/epoxy attached.

If it were to be repaired, the edge would need to be replaced. It was stretched on its way out of the ski and is too mangled/fatigued to be repaired.

Last edited:

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Monoski, Monoski...

Complimentary beer at the next gathering to the first person to get that reference...
Shelbyville has a monorail...

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The independent account firm of <insert clever name> has certified @Andy Mink as the winner. Well done.
I'll have my attorney Lionel Hutz pick up the prize. I believe he also represented Mr. Simpson in the case of the non-all you can eat all you can eat seafood case.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Sooooo... grade 2 MCL sprain. Ann's week is done but she's in good spirits. Patrol was awesome as was the clinic. If you're going to yoink your knee this is a good place to do it. Thanks also to the SkiTalk crew who hung around to make sure everything was good. @Phelmut, @jimmy, @DbSki, @TheArchitect, @Philpug, and @Tricia . View attachment 161436
Not only do the SkiTalk Siderals ski well...

View attachment 161437 View attachment 161438
Long way down on Sheer Bliss. Kinda ironic, no?
@AKMINK had a follow up today with our regular ortho doc. Waiting for the MRI to confirm, but he's almost certain the ACL has been damaged too. He's seen more knees than Hugh Hefner so I'm pretty sure his call is accurate. Still holding out hope that it's just the MCL but not much. Bummer. I'll report back one way or the other. Everyone's well wishes have been greatly appreciated and Ann is still in good spirits even with the early end of the season (and 1 1/2 days on her IKON pass) looming.