• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado OFFICIAL 2022 National Gathering Reports and Pics from Aspen-Snowmass - February 26 - March 5, 2022

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@AKMINK had a follow up today with our regular ortho doc. Waiting for the MRI to confirm, but he's almost certain the ACL has been damaged too. He's seen more knees than Hugh Hefner so I'm pretty sure his call is accurate. Still holding out hope that it's just the MCL but not much. Bummer. I'll report back one way or the other. Everyone's well wishes have been greatly appreciated and Ann is still in good spirits even with the early end of the season (and 1 1/2 days on her IKON pass) looming.

I'm sorry to hear it might be more damage than originally thought. Good luck and I hope you hear it's not the ACL too.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
@AKMINK had a follow up today with our regular ortho doc. Waiting for the MRI to confirm, but he's almost certain the ACL has been damaged too. He's seen more knees than Hugh Hefner so I'm pretty sure his call is accurate. Still holding out hope that it's just the MCL but not much. Bummer. I'll report back one way or the other. Everyone's well wishes have been greatly appreciated and Ann is still in good spirits even with the early end of the season (and 1 1/2 days on her IKON pass) looming.
Well that sucks.

You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes well you just might find
You get what you kneed

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Well that sucks.

But if you try sometimes well you just might find
You get what you kneed

I see what you did there... ;)

James

Out There
Instructor
Looks like a very successful gathering!

I’m very disturbed by @KevinF ’s new jacket. Was this approved??
Either the black pants should go to compensate, or plan c.
Seems like multiple people cloned his yellow one.

Gary Stolt

Mr. Style
Team Gathermeister
Andy and Ann. My best wishes for a swift recovery. Loved skiing with you.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
When you guys were skiing Ajax , did you seem to have your head on a swivel a lot ??
I felt their were a lot of good skiers going pretty fast on the groomers and the runs seemed to come together a lot.Not complaining, I really liked the place, just something I noticed.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
When you guys were skiing Ajax , did you seem to have your head on a swivel a lot ??
Not really... but some runs do come together for sure. Copper and Spar Gulch are the two main routes back to the gondola and serve as funnels for a lot of the mountain. Other top of the mountain runs funnel back to Ajax Express and FIS. It's just the lay of the land. But it wasn't too crowded and I didn't feel like I had my head on a swivel much more than normal.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I felt their were a lot of good skiers going pretty fast on the groomers and the runs seemed to come together a lot.Not complaining, I really liked the place, just something I noticed.
There are definitely a lot more intersections at Ajax than at Snowmass or Highlands. But not that much traffic in the intesections. And since head on a swivel is sort of a habit anyway, not too much of a distraction.

Actually the place I felt traffic the most was approaching the Sheer Bliss or High Alpine lifts at Snowmass, which are basically on one side of a freeway. You have to cross nearly parallel traffic, and slow down, which put me at risk from random passerbys I don't trust.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Views from the Sundeck at Aspen…..

Highlands
View attachment 162404

Deep Temerity
View attachment 162405

Highland Bowl
View attachment 162406

Lookers left of Highland Bowl
View attachment 162407

Gondola
View attachment 162408

I was ready to huck our stuff off the balcony! @Philpug, @Tricia, we could have done this!

Yup!
I had some ideas of that hoist we got at Harbor Freight for the ski box. We could make one portable for such instances.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
:doh:

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
Wrapped up the trip flying back in true ski geek style by finishing watching "Ski Bum: The Warren Miller Story" and then "Lindsey Vonn: The Final Season"

(I'd started the Warren Miller Story on the way out, but then sh*t happened -- flights back were less eventful)

Sponsor