• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

OFFICIAL 2023 Gathering Location -- Utah! February 25th - March 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
UPDATE, 4/13/2022: The 2023 National Gathering will be returning to Utah. The focus will be on Alta and Snowbird, but days at other resorts may be an option; that part is still TBD, but expect at least 4 days total at Alta or Snowbird.

The dates will be February 25th - March 4th (Sat. to Sat.) though of course folks can also flex around that.

Alta and Snowbird are available on both the Ikon pass and the Mountain Collective pass for 2023. (Snowbasin is also on the MCP, and Snowbasin, Solitude, Brighton, and Deer Valley are available on Ikon.)

Pass suggestions...
Ikon
  • Base- 5 days at Snowbird
  • Base Plus- 5 days Snowbird/Alta mix, 5 Snowbasin
  • Full- 7 Days Snowbird/Alta mix, 5 Snowbasin
Mountain Collective
  • Snowbird- 2 days
  • Alta-2 days
  • Snowbasin-2 days
  • + bonus 3rd day at one resort if purchased early enough

Last edited by a moderator:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
And someone started a rumor that an IKON destination was a given?

We have been trying sort out options for difference areas and with the clock ticking and knowing the sale date is approaching. I think it is safe to say that it will be an Ikon resort(s) and probably safer to get the Base plus or Full pass with Utah and Altabird being the focus.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
It's official now and the opening post and title have been updated...

The 2023 National Gathering will be returning to Utah. The focus will be on Alta and Snowbird, but days at other resorts may be an option - that part is still TBD, but expect at least 4 days total at Alta or Snowbird.

The dates will be February 24th - March 4th (Sat. to Sat.) though of course folks can also flex around that.

Alta and Snowbird are available on both the Ikon pass and the Mountain Collective pass for 2023. (Snowbasin is also on the MCP, and Snowbasin, Solitude, Brighton, and Deer Valley are available on Ikon.)

Alumacraft3

Booting up
Skier
UPDATE, 4/13/2022: The 2023 National Gathering will be returning to Utah. The focus will be on Alta and Snowbird, but days at other resorts may be an option - that part is still TBD, but expect at least 4 days total at Alta or Snowbird.

The dates will be February 24th - March 4th (Sat. to Sat.) though of course folks can also flex around that.

Pass suggestions...
Ikon
  • Base- 5 days at Snowbird
  • Base Plus- 5 days Snowbird/Alta mix, 5 Snowbasin
  • Full- 7 Days Snowbird/Alta mix, 5 Snowbasin
Mountain Collective
  • Snowbird- 2 days
  • Alta-2 days
  • Snowbasin-2 days

On the Mountain Collective pass you get to pick a bonus 3rd day at any of the resorts also.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It's official now and the opening post and title have been updated...

The 2023 National Gathering will be returning to Utah. The focus will be on Alta and Snowbird, but days at other resorts may be an option - that part is still TBD, but expect at least 4 days total at Alta or Snowbird.

Thanks for getting this set early. It makes planning much easier.

Alumacraft3

Booting up
Skier
Thinking about coming for the first time. What’s a quick rundown of what happens at gatherings? Get in groups based on ability and ski all day?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Thinking about coming for the first time. What’s a quick rundown of what happens at gatherings? Get in groups based on ability and ski all day?
Yeah, pretty much. Sometimes it's a bit more formal than others depending on attendees. You can see some description in the main thread for this season's Gathering:

Matt Merritt

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just tried to book a rez at the Goldminer's Daughter. Online says no rooms available but before I call I thought I'd check with those familiar with affordable Little Cottonwood-adjacent accommodations. Would appreciate any advice and, especially, where fellow SkiTalkers might be staying.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just tried to book a rez at the Goldminer's Daughter. Online says no rooms available but before I call I thought I'd check with those familiar with affordable Little Cottonwood-adjacent accommodations. Would appreciate any advice and, especially, where fellow SkiTalkers might be staying.

They probably aren't booking that far in advance, at least online, so you'll have to call them to see if they will take reservations now. Let us know if you do end up booking at Goldminer's by calling this early. I'm sure others will want to know, myself included.

I've only stayed at Goldminer's so I can't help with other accommodations in LCC. If you stay at the base of the canyons there are plenty of options and a lot cheaper.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
IME lodging IN LCC is always pricy, no matter how you slice it.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Iron Blosam Inn at Snowbird is fairly reasonable and includes kitchens. They also have deals on lift tickets and airport transport.

Alumacraft3

Booting up
Skier
Would staying in a suburb of Salt Lake City be a bad option? How long would the drive be from say the southeast end of town to Alta or Snowbird? How’s the drive in on weekends? Hopefully not like I-70?

Status
Not open for further replies.