• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

OFFICIAL 2023 National Gathering in Utah - February 25 - March 4, 2023

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
Snowbasin was great today. Good visibility, found a lot of soft snow, especially up the tram then to skiers left through the tree shoots. The area way skiers right off of Strawberry was great as well. The only really bad lift lines were at the Strawberry gondola.

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Snowbasin was great today. Good visibility, found a lot of soft snow, especially up the tram then to skiers left through the tree shoots. The area way skiers right off of Strawberry was great as well. The only really bad lift lines were at the Strawberry gondola.
Will be at Snowbasin tomorrow. Shoot me a pm if you would like to meet up.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Great Gathering! Enjoyed skiing with new and old friends. I'm resting today and doing my taxes:rolleyes: Kind of a let down after a week of powder skiing!
Let me know if any of those lingering in the SLC area want to ski Snowbird or Solitude in the near future, perhaps we can make some turns together?
I’m also here thru next Friday then head to Ogden for 5 nights.

R&R this weekend then assuming injury recovery goes fine. (Half busted ass on rock in Great Scott entry) I should be good M-F

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Might try to catch bus with Vince up to Soli today (5 March) around 1130AM. But could be a mess getting a ride down??

Interlodge and road closed to Alta/Bird until noon.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Might try to catch bus with Vince up to Soli today (5 March) around 1130AM. But could be a mess getting a ride down??

Daria and I are considering our options as well. Not looking very good for today.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
we (me and dean, with guest appearance by Deena and susan) are at dv today. drive and crowds not too bad. vis comes and goes.
Judy and I were there too. We saw Deena in the changing area and looked for others, but didn't see anyone. Nice when the sun was out, tough when the light went flat especially where the trees weren't.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Hanging out in Moonbeam Lodge at 5pm. BCC road still crawling. Finished my beer, may attempt to catch a bus soonogsmile

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A little late but kudos to Phil, Tricia and Dave for putting up yet another great Gathering. Big thanks to Sundance for sponsoring the great day on Wednesday, perhaps my best day on the slopes ever. I'm not sure how the stragglers are still skiing after Friday as my legs were toast Friday. Great seeing the usual cast of characters as well as meeting a few new people.

Teled

Booting up
Skier
Hey Everyone, sorry I have not reached out sooner. So busy skiing and then exhausted.
It was so fun running into you guys at deer Valley the other day. Snowbird was great today. Caught the 9:30 bus was skiing by 11. Delayed opening in the canyon. I’ll be skiing tomorrow at Brighton if anyone who is here wants to meet.
Thank you so much Phil, Tricia Dave for getting everyone together so I could meet all of you. I had such an awesome week skiing with so many of you and getting to know you. Many thanks for Sundance….loved it there.
Thank you for welcoming me to your group!

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Is the 24 gathering at Big Sky? I still have a few hours to buy an Ikon pass. Still undecided.
There's a whole thread on the 2024 gathering. Short version, undecided. You're going to have to make your call without certainty on that particular datum.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Might mean the NEG thread.
Actually, I think it was embedded in the History of National Gatherings thread.
For example, here:

https://www.skitalk.com/threads/history-of-national-gatherings.30588/post-862750

... and you were there. I think that's all we've got.

I wondered about that but @Tony S said “there’s a whole thread on the 2024 gathering”, which I didn’t understand. There he goes with “I have a confusion to make”. ogsmile

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter