• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

OFFICIAL 2024 National Gathering in Tahoe - March 2 - March 9, 2024

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
In a good way?
Yes, in a good way. Now I have to plan for two trips out west instead of one. I’d much rather ski Pallisades with fellow SkiTalkers than go by myself so if the Gathering is there next year then so am I.

I think I'm down to one trip again. My wife was laid off Thursday along with 200 other people in her company so the Gathering is now tentative for me. I'm financially committed to another trip with friends already. With luck my wife will get another job sooner rather than later and I'll still be able to make Tahoe. Sigh.

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve been complaining why can’t Palisades Tahoe’s food be more like Snowbird. Got a preview of the menu items yesterday, it’s looking very promising. Still spendy but just thinking about it kinda makes me salivate now…

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Never ever buy food at PT. Even with a 10 or 15% Ikon pass discount prices are insane. Dave’s deli ( now gone) was better.

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Never ever buy food at PT. Even with a 10 or 15% Ikon pass discount prices are insane. Dave’s deli ( now gone) was better.
Melanie's Treats window at Alpine Meadows' Breezeway and MOGROG by beginner's Subway chair, both independently own, are really good. Tomato bisque and half of a grilled cheese at the Chalet is pretty yummy, their pretzel is pizza box sized and feeds 3- 4. @Near Nyquist likes eating my pretzels later spring when the vibe is more chill and warm/sunny on the expanded deck. Meadows Cafe, the main cafeteria, serves poke bowls (with rice or quinoa options for base) and flat breads, about the only items I get from them. Think @Tricia and I shared some flat bread together in the spring too.

Alpine North (aka Palisades) has Wildflour in the Olympic House with cookies to die for and yummy curry chicken sandwich. SunBowl and Fireside Pizza in the Olympic Village are good. Plumpjack is $$$ with the governor as one of the owners, I've indulged there a couple times.

This year ramen, Filipino BBQ, and fish will be added at both areas. The ramen vending machine during COVID era went away.

Andy and Phil are always raving about the food and price at Mt Rose, I salivate over that too!

You gotta get out more often. :ogbiggrin:
Hey, you and I both can cook, if only you and Mamei would come over for dinner! Even @Tony S and @mdf have been over. I don't need to dine out much unless I'm in the Bay Area.

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Melanie's Treats window at Alpine Meadows' Breezeway and MOGROG by beginner's Subway chair, both independently own, are really good. Tomato bisque and half of a grilled cheese at the Chalet is pretty yummy, their pretzel is pizza box sized and feeds 3- 4. @Near Nyquist likes eating my pretzels later spring when the vibe is more chill and warm/sunny on the expanded deck. Meadows Cafe, the main cafeteria, serves poke bowls (with rice or quinoa options for base) and flat breads, about the only items I get from them. Think @Tricia and I shared some flat bread together in the spring too.

Alpine North (aka Palisades) has Wildflour in the Olympic House with cookies to die for and yummy curry chicken sandwich. SunBowl and Fireside Pizza in the Olympic Village are good. Plumpjack is $$$ with the governor as one of the owners, I've indulged there a couple times.

This year ramen, Filipino BBQ, and fish will be added at both areas. The ramen vending machine during COVID era went away.

Andy and Phil are always raving about the food and price at Mt Rose, I salivate over that too!

Hey, you and I both can cook, if only you and Mamei would come over for dinner! Even @Tony S and @mdf have been over. I don't need to dine out much unless I'm in the Bay Area.
As you know, we don't eat out much, because we can both cook.
We do, however, eat at resorts more often than we'd like to admit, in part because we get caught up in skiing longer than we anticipate and need nutrition.

As for Mt Rose food...Its really good in comparison to most resorts and far more reasonable.
I had a breakfast burrito this morning that was $8 but then I had a 20% discount as a pass holder.
The way they do it at Rose makes us want to eat there to support them.

Last edited:

locknload

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm in. The wife and I just booked our flights. We have a place booked already- thanks to @pipestem Might have an extra room if anyone is looking for a place.
Neither of us have ever skied out there and are really looking forward to it as well as meeting everyone!
I may be on a solo mission and may need a room. I can PM you offline to discuss if that's cool.

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Rainbow Jenny and I will happily be your guides at Alpine Meadows.
Not only is @Sinecure the best guide you can find at Alpine, he’s also a talented photographer. in fact, he took the photo on my profile a couple of years ago.

Don't miss the opportunity to ski with him.

TahoeJoe

Getting on the lift
Skier
I just told my Mom i will be home for this week. As a new member, or should i say new to actually chiming in. This is my home turf. I would really like to meet the people, who, are top contributors here. I find that this forum/page helps me deal with my, I cant wait to go skiing anxiety. Also its very informative. Did i happen to mention, I think Volkl makes the best skis! LOL

locknload

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I may split my lodging between Truckee during the first half and Reno the second half. Right now I'm coming solo but still working on recruiting a couple of people to come with.

Sponsor

Staff online