• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

OK Tricia, fashion advice needed

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
But skiing in a red jacket means that you're more likely to get pulled over by ski patrol... ;)
That probably is correct but if you didn't break any rules, you probably don't have anything to worry about.

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Looks like it's all sold out now anyway. I guess we will have to wait until next year for a decision to be made (barring super sales at Lahoutt's when I am in Lincoln next week).

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like it's all sold out now anyway. I guess we will have to wait until next year for a decision to be made (barring super sales at Lahoutt's when I am in Lincoln next week).
Bummer. I like the green shade that was sold out with the red. That’s only if you still have your black pants as a 2nd pair. The blue was second for me. So if you find a pair when you’re shopping next week are you gonna post pictures so we can help you? ;)

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have been wearing black pants all year as a sign of mourning for my usual ski season

My sentiments too. Over the past few years my wife has been influential in me procuring some yellow and orange Stio pants (which I love, normally); I've been of the black pant family for decades. This year I refused to wear colorful ski clothes in mourning of very truncated ski year for me. Next year hopefully will be a full on rainbow season :ogbiggrin:

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Why pick just one color when you can have them all? ;)

1616370961191.png

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I like it, too. The black accents add enough contrast to make it interesting.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Since you guys helped @KevinF what I need to know is is monochrome an acceptable look? If I have a red coat, can I have red pants too. Can it be the exact same red or does it need to be a different one?

I didn't read any of this thread, so I'll go ahead and weigh in at full throttle..... ;)

1. No on the monochrome.
2. At all costs, avoid the dreaded "almost a match".
3. Most importantly, drive fashion, don't follow it.

Off to ski, now.

Last edited:

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
View attachment 128593
Snowbasin/Sun Valley uniforms. I love them. Some people don’t.

I don’t like mixy not-matchy stuff. Of the outfits @dbostedo posted, only one looks good to me. Brown or red or green pants with a colorblock blue jacket? No, nope nope.
How I wish NSP would make deals with HH.

Sponsor