• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Old Piston Plate...worth saving?

bbbradley

Out on the slopes
Skier
These are from an old pair of Volkls that are beyond their useful life. Is this plate worth saving? I bought them used years ago, when I pulled the bindings I found 2 plates stacked under the bindings too!

Btw...how do you remove then? I've pulled all visible screws and the heel part is free, but the toe end is firmly attached. I can only slide the assembly a few cms, but that's it.

20220929_111900.jpg

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Wedge a flat head under the black tap & lift up!

TS
bbbradley

bbbradley

Out on the slopes
Skier
Wedge a flat head under the black tap & lift up!
I'll try later today...are these worth keeping for an older pair of skis...or into the bin?

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
I'll try later today...are these worth keeping for an older pair of skis...or into the bin?
lift up & pull back!

That plate is taller than current and has a different mount pattern than current.............so if you happen to get a ski absent a plate & want to drill by site, you could save..... However, new plates or lite use current models go for $50-100 on sidelineswap. Save the shims you found - they are always handy!!

TS
bbbradley

bbbradley

Out on the slopes
Skier
Plate is off!! Thanks!
I forget how light skis are without big metal bindings and a plate. Those Volvkls are featherweights now!

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
Yea, that will get u some quality time in the clinic with me if ya keep skiing em.