• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Olympic Uniforms Revealed

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
It looks like a rocket? Or maybe a ski manufacturer logo.
logo_bf1159f8e6c9190c1fe04e10d0624c37_3x.png

CascadeConcrete

Out on the slopes
Skier
Spelling out "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" in it's entirety is clunky and looks bad. I'm not exactly a graphic designer but I thought that was a pretty basic rule. And the, I assume, star symbol that's plastered all over everything looks childish. Not fan of these.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
More on the Alpine

Special back zipper for some reason.

The zipper is there to allow more layering under the coat without it bursting at the seams. It's an interesting feature, not sure how well it'll work in day-to-day use.

I'm a bit "meh" on the "Sharpie font" lettering and such on the Team USA uniforms this time around.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Spelling out "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" in it's entirety is clunky and looks bad. I'm not exactly a graphic designer but I thought that was a pretty basic rule. And the, I assume, star symbol that's plastered all over everything looks childish. Not fan of these.
Actually that looks an awful lot like the logo for the Vancouver Winter Olympics
1642714559057.png

Not identical but pretty close.

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Lot of controversy over the hockey jerseys...many unhappy people..
Yep, those hockey sweaters are ugly. There has to be a standard/spec for the leaf. The beauty of Canadian uniforms has to be the easily recognizable (and standard) leaf and color scheme.
Black doesn't work either. I know Nike (in US) designed them, but someone up north had to sign-off on those 'eh.

Last edited:

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
I like them all , but the Alpine ones! :)
I remember in a past edition, the Albertville one, I think, the Spyder uniform was mostly white and sporting on the back an embroidered American Eagle with spread wings. I found it so excessive that was beautiful. I found it at my village shop and almost bought it, but for the excessive price tag...
Yep. US alpine unis are ugly and jacket is too long.
Not sure heavy stars and stripes has ever worked on ski uniforms - but this doesn't work either.

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not quite green and gold, but the Australian ones are really nice looking

Putting the names of all the Aussie winter olympians in the lining - rock star move!
The camo design feels similar to what the US skiers wear on the World Cup circuit, just in green instead of blue.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I think it is supposed to be an "A" for "America," rendered in a faux-Chinese font.
Not the greatest display of national pride?

Apparently it's actually Eric Haze's star logo

seems to check out:

robertc3

Out on the slopes
Skier
I honestly don't think I have ever really liked any team USA uniforms. Occasionally during an opening cerimony I will comment that some country has a cool looking outfit, but it is rare. They more often look ridiculous than look good.