• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

One and Done

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm a multi brand guy. I haven't bought anything lately that didn't at least come close to what I wanted except the SkiSkoot. It is a brand of boot sole protector with a built in crampon. The crampon works great and folds up into the walker when not needed. It just plain wore out way to fast.
SkiSkooties are a sponsor. Perhaps we should pass this along for quality assurance. They seem to be eager to hear what we have to say.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiSkooties are a sponsor. Perhaps we should pass this along for quality assurance. They seem to be eager to hear what we have to say.
I am happy to say that 4 year old review should be updated to reflect that they apparently upgraded the material they are using as my 'new' SkiSkootys lasted me all season this year with daily use. So :thumb::thumb: for the SkiSkooty. They work best with Fuxi's FF Loopster which is a cord installed on the heel for easy grabbing and pulling the SkiSkooty on.

IMG_20220813_221412885.jpg

The loopster is the cord with the metal hooks that Fuxi adds to every SkiSkooty he sells: https://www.fuxiracingusa.com/product-page/skiskootys

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I didn’t see my first post here and thinking I did something wrong I said the same thing again oops.
Having a senior moment are we? :)

da-cat

Hoarders Anonymous
Skier
Surfing the Web on an iPhone,
While watching TV from the couch.

New kind of multitasking.

Heck you could buy your next car with just your two thumbs and your iPhone - during the commercials!

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
Marker bindings. Let me take you back to the 1970's and the Marker Rotomat binding. Almost effing impossible to put back on in powder after a heel release.

Just for that ill advised binding I will never buy another Marker.
Loved the old marker MRR turntable heels. Very easy to put in in powder, just reach down and click them on. No step in bs. The toes weren’t the best though.

jt10000

步步高升
Skier
"Done" No nordic? Or no Fischer/Visus?
I'm unlikely to buy many more nordic skis since I've got a ton and don't do it much anymore. But my point is it's Madshus forever. Their skis are great. I'm sure other are too, but it's Madshus for me.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Loved the old marker MRR turntable heels. Very easy to put in in powder, just reach down and click them on. No step in bs. The toes weren’t the best though.
I skied them for many years too. The MR/MRR and Twincam toes were misunderstood. While they didn't have a lot of elasticity like a single pivot toe that Salomon and Look used, their return to center was extremely quick.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I skied them for many years too. The MR/MRR and Twincam toes were misunderstood. While they didn't have a lot of elasticity like a single pivot toe that Salomon and Look used, their return to center was extremely quick.
They were good enough for the Kaiser.

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
Note to self:
Get back in better physical condition so I can easily reach down and lock & load into my MRR heels again on my 1984 Fischer RC4’s!
Surely a goal for us all. :)

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
“Hoarding For $1000”

Photo

Answer;
“What is the opposite of One and Done?”
Lol
The opposite is that you have two pairs of any ski. I see two pair of Hexcels and it looks like two pair of Fischer skis. The rest look like one of each brand but the photo is a little fuzzy. It is a good collection that many retro people would like to have.

da-cat

Hoarders Anonymous
Skier
Not the best focus..
I am going for 4 or so pairs per decade - the 60’s thru 90’s mostly.
A study in graphics and performance.
My most modern skis- not shown- are over 15 years old
Volkl Super Sport - Super Speed

Attachments

• F1A1C71B-F59C-41E3-888E-D9CC625CCD2D.jpeg
    F1A1C71B-F59C-41E3-888E-D9CC625CCD2D.jpeg
    315.1 KB · Views: 18

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not the best focus..
I am going for 4 or so pairs per decade - the 60’s thru 90’s mostly.
A study in graphics and performance.
My most modern skis- not shown- are over 15 years old
Volkl Super Sport - Super Speed
I have a pair of those in my garage, dinged an edge to where they are not machine tunable and not repairable.