• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

One more poll while we're waiting for snow: Sunrise or Sunset?

It doesn't get much better than...

• Morning coffee watching the sunrise

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • Evening beverage watching the sunset

Votes: 30 57.7%

• Total voters

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
Waterfowl season opened for most of Nevada yesterday. It's hard to get stoked when it's 70°+ and you know there's no water where you like to hunt.:(
The pics I posted was early teal season runs 3 weeks in September. Our regular waterfowl season starts Nov 13th. I hunt public land, the benefit there is I have 15 different lakes I can hunt, on each one hundreds of spots, and when the water level changes (up or down), that changes all the spots to hunt. I got database of all my spots that has grown over the last 20 years, so water levels don’t bother me one bit.

I hear ya on the warm weather though, I like to see that steam coming off my coffee.

IMG_5751.JPG

Bonus pic, my girl Molly RIP 2015..

IMG_5674.JPG

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Sunset. People up and about at sunrise think they're almost alone in the world and are either in the middle of the path or about to run you over on the bike.

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
Lost that coffee cup in the lake, man I miss that coffee cup!

IMG_5974.JPG

crosscountry

Out on the slopes
Skier
View attachment 83209

Our planet Earth has incredible beauty if one seeks out such places beyond the monotonous, dull, ordinary, and especially beyond the night light and dirt polluted urban so many rarely escape from. Our dawn sunrise sunset dusk sky colors have undoubtedly warmed and inspired hearts and minds of we human beings over tens of thousands of years. All so amazing that when looking up at our vast starry universe on clear moonless nights, I often wonder how it evolved so by mere coincidence. Our we just so lucky? On Kirkwood ski days I sometimes stop along SR88 and pull out my tripod and camera if the dusk sky is colorful like it was above a few years ago.
To each of his own.

I was walking down the Avenues of America one day. Then looking west down one of the cross streets, was the setting sun right down one of the cross streets. All the buildings are bathed in the golden glow, and their windows sparkled like jewel on a necklace...

I've seen sunset over the ocean often enough. It's magical. But so is urban sunset.

"It doesn't get better than that", whatever "that" is to each's own heart & mind. It can be just as good in so many different ways.

Last edited:

RiderRay

Getting off the lift
Skier
I'm an early morning person so it's sunrises for me. Besides, I'm asleep by sunset a lot of times depending on the time of year.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
East coast sunrise... West coast sunset.. Both at the beach on the water..

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice lake, always drove by it when lived in Denver of the East.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January