• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

One of the best instructional Vids I've ever seen/ Deb Armstrong Skis & Coffee

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Sorry if this is a repost of an older vid. Killer info I saw this morning over on Ski Diva:
This is #3. I plan to check out 1 & 2.
Great conversation. Thanks for posting it.

The two women Deb Armstrong is interviewing are Karina Alder and Jeanne Buck. I looked them up. They are Aspen Divas. I looked that up. Here's who they are (http://www.aspendivas.com)

Aspen Divas are three womens' synchro teams based in Aspen, CO; the Divas, Diva-ettes, and Diva-lution. The teams members are Ski Professionals with the Aspen Skiing Company. The intention of the Divas organization is to further develop elite female skiers within Aspen Skiing Company and create a community for female Ski Professionals.

Nancy Hummel

Ski more, talk less.
Instructor
SkiTalk Supporter
Great conversation. Thanks for posting it.

The two women Deb Armstrong is interviewing are Karina Alder and Jeanne Buck. I looked them up. They are Aspen Divas. I looked that up. Here's who they are (http://www.aspendivas.com)

Aspen Divas are three womens' synchro teams based in Aspen, CO; the Divas, Diva-ettes, and Diva-lution. The teams members are Ski Professionals with the Aspen Skiing Company. The intention of the Divas organization is to further develop elite female skiers within Aspen Skiing Company and create a community for female Ski Professionals.

Karina and Jeanne are both trainers at AspenSnowmass. I have skied with both of them. Karina is a phenomenal skier and a fabulous instructor. Jeanne is wonderful also.

TS
Yo Momma

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Karina and Jeanne are both trainers at AspenSnowmass. I have skied with both of them. Karina is a phenomenal skier and a fabulous instructor. Jeanne is wonderful also.

I'm curious. Who was doing most of the talking?
This kind of conversation is also necessary around "Women's Gear (hard & soft)" in general. So many companies around the entire sports diaspora is missing a major opportunity here. There is massive potential for an emerging market but it's moving at a snails pace. I think some ski companies are finally "Getting It" a la Black Pearls, Santa Ana's, Volkl Aura's and a few others. The ski clothing industry..... not so much... still in it's infancy.... Pee zips, multi length options built into the same garment, cordura, loose fitting board shorts. My wife has to literally search all over the world to fit her needs for different sports, and usually in vain. It's like trying to find a colorful but "Real Gear" wetsuit for men. I had to order these kits from a small scuba shop in England. The ski industry could take on more of a sports industry Leadership role on the female sports front.

Attachments

• Gear.jpg
    Gear.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20180904_134207.jpg
    IMG_20180904_134207.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks for posting the video.

As far as industry not getting it. My wife is on her 3rd set of head monster 88s in 163 and then 164 since 2006. She tried the womens version head-to-head and said they were too light. Now the monsters are canceled yet again. We have new old stock mounted and ready for next season. They will eventually wear out like their predecessors but we can wait out for a few seasons until head brings the monsters back again again. Funny that Madeline is on a ski sized well over her head and twice canceled for being too burly and inaccessible. I guess its hard to sell awesome skis that just work.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Sorry if this is a repost of an older vid. Killer info I saw this morning over on Ski Diva:
This is #3. I plan to check out 1 & 2.
Great video.
But..What are you doing on SkiDiva?

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
Karina is an Argentine Level 4 instructor and I believe a former demo team member. Karina coached the Divas in 2019/2020 as they were preparing to defend their World Synchronized Skiing title — unfortunately, we had to cancel the competition a couple of weeks before the event because of the pandemic.

Jeanne and Karina are former members of the Divas. The Divas purpose is to promote women in the snow sports industry. Once a Diva, always a Diva, and there are many amazing women that are current and former team members. The organization develops the skiing, networking, and business development skills of members and is strongly supported by Aspen Skiing Company, the Limelight hotels, solom skis, Lexi poles, and a variety of equipment and service providers. Former team members (and forever Divas) are a close knit group of amazing instructors and women who are highly regarded in the Aspen Ski Schools.

synchronized skiing is a great way to build camaraderie, trust, and skill. granted, off thread, but consider forming your own team and come to Aspen for the world champs!

TS
Yo Momma

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Karina is an Argentine Level 4 instructor and I believe a former demo team member. Karina coached the Divas in 2019/2020 as they were preparing to defend their World Synchronized Skiing title — unfortunately, we had to cancel the competition a couple of weeks before the event because of the pandemic.

Jeanne and Karina are former members of the Divas. The Divas purpose is to promote women in the snow sports industry. Once a Diva, always a Diva, and there are many amazing women that are current and former team members. The organization develops the skiing, networking, and business development skills of members and is strongly supported by Aspen Skiing Company, the Limelight hotels, solom skis, Lexi poles, and a variety of equipment and service providers. Former team members (and forever Divas) are a close knit group of amazing instructors and women who are highly regarded in the Aspen Ski Schools.

synchronized skiing is a great way to build camaraderie, trust, and skill. granted, off thread, but consider forming your own team and come to Aspen for the world champs!
WOW...... I've alpine skied since 1975, guided, Tele, snowboarded, snowmobiled at deep levels including guiding, xc skied. On Epic, on Pugski, spent two weeks skiing Snowmass, watched countless vids by Deb and read ski articles all the time, know pple in the industry etc.... and this is the first time I'm hearing of the " Divas ". They should be natl ski headlines.... OMG besides the fact that I am horribly embarrassed about being a total Poser, I'm realizing the long roads ahead....

Sponsor

Staff online