• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Only in NE.....

jack97

Out on the slopes
Skier
Written in the language of local skiers and riders, this is bad :(

wicked thin.jpg

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Wildcat buys those things by the gross. They are the master of opening trails that have no business being open.

They have "Open Water" signs used frequently too.

The amount of snow a trail requires to be "open" definitely varies significantly from area to area.

I'm not very familiar with Wildcat, but I do recall encountering some "open" trails there that required some billy goating. I think Sugarbush would claim "100% open" after a heavy frost. Mad River Glen certainly has some dubiously open trails, but that's part of the MRG experience.

Stowe on the other hand has a pretty conservative policy of what constitutes "open", doubly so after the Vail acquisition.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The amount of snow a trail requires to be "open" definitely varies significantly from area to area.

I'm not very familiar with Wildcat, but I do recall encountering some "open" trails there that required some billy goating. I think Sugarbush would claim "100% open" after a heavy frost. Mad River Glen certainly has some dubiously open trails, but that's part of the MRG experience.

Stowe on the other hand has a pretty conservative policy of what constitutes "open", doubly so after the Vail acquisition.
Saddleback specializes in spruce and fir twigs sticking up into the trail as the snow melts. A LOT of them. And sometimes they're more like sapling trunks. Wood, not needles. I've occasionally noticed that balsam smell on my skis. Really.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
corny

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
A perspective from CO and the power of advertising. I read the title, read the sign and immediately chuckled because in my head I could hear the bartender as she explained Wicked Hazy in the "My cousin from Boston" commercial. She even says "Are you kidding me?"

Sponsor

Staff online