• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Eastern Canada Ontario, Canada Ski resorts to close, please sign attached petition...

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I keep wishing that they would warm people at work who don't wear their mask correctly and after 2 warnings you will no longer receive the 2 weeks quarantine pay if you need it and no coverage if you catch it and need medical. Annoys me so much I have to work with so many people that wear the mask on the chin.
I work for myself, unless I need to interact with someone directly there is no physical or even socially distant contact, if there is mask. Simple protection. Company my wife works for issue $400 fines if you don’t......

Stay safe, stay distant.

Darryl

Booting up
Skier
Has anyone heard anything more on if Ontario resorts will be able to open on the 20th. Have my fingers crossed but have heard nothing.

I did book midweek for Tremblant at the end of February. I prefer the eastern townships but I figure my Ontario plate will stand out less at Tremblant. The ability to ski in ski out and essentially isolate while skiing was also a factor.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Has anyone heard anything more on if Ontario resorts will be able to open on the 20th. Have my fingers crossed but have heard nothing.
I havent heard anything, but I know that Blue is making snow when the weather cooperates, and I have registered for a ProDay on Feb 22, and that hasnt been cancelled yet, so fingers crossed!!

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Tremblant is still in the red zone and 8pm curfew. Curfew is supposed to be finished next week. I haven't seen them cancel the Feb 12th Pro day yet. At the moment no restaurants are open for inside dining. The Grande Manitou is open for warm up and washrooms only. Long lines as they are respecting social distancing on the lifts. Mid week should be great...skied onto lifts last Friday.

Remember you need to order your lift tickets on line if you don't have an Ikon Pass. They are not included in the lodging this year.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Numbers are declining rapidly due to the lockdown. My kids will be going back to school I bet after March break. Maybe a few weeks of good skiing coming up....

Darryl

Booting up
Skier
Tremblant is still in the red zone and 8pm curfew. Curfew is supposed to be finished next week. I haven't seen them cancel the Feb 12th Pro day yet. At the moment no restaurants are open for inside dining. The Grande Manitou is open for warm up and washrooms only. Long lines as they are respecting social distancing on the lifts. Mid week should be great...skied onto lifts last Friday.

Remember you need to order your lift tickets on line if you don't have an Ikon Pass. They are not included in the lodging this year.

Thanks for the update on Tremblant. We booked our accommodation and tickets together. So looking forward to skiing.

SkiBam

Putting on skis
Skier
When? I could be there, or at least @SkiBam.

I'm there often. Not sure about the curfew being lifted next week. I thought that was only in orange zones and Tremblant is still in the red. I wouldn't worry about Ontario plates - lots of Ontario cars. We did wonder about one we saw yesterday from New Jersey... Tremblant is offering lessons again, up to, I think, a maximum of four people (not from same family). PM me with any questions if you like.

JoeSchmoe

Snowboarder
Skier
I'm thinking Feb 21-23 for the Eastern Townships if my Ontario ice fishing trip gets cancelled. Good to here I won't be the only Ontarian in Quebec.

Darryl

Booting up
Skier
We're skiing Feb 22-25th.

Saw a Kentucky plate in my Toronto neighborhood last week. Probably one of the states I would least expect to see.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I'm thinking Feb 21-23 for the Eastern Townships if my Ontario ice fishing trip gets cancelled. Good to here I won't be the only Ontarian in Quebec.
Well it won't get cancelled for lack of ice. People are skating on rivers here in Toronto but it's incredibly dangerous. North of Lake Simcoe ice is good and it's cold here now.

eric100

Putting on skis
Skier
My sons school rules are no in person school if travel outside the province within the prior 2 weeks. Therefore Quebec, Alberta and BC are now no longer an option with the return to school on Feb 16. I am hoping the ski areas can make some sense of today announcement.

Sponsor

Staff online