• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Outdoormaster Ultra/Vision goggles question

Ritzy

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hey, curious if anyone has a set of OutdoorMaster Vision or Ultra goggles that can give me a measurement. I called in to talk to a rep, and he refused to give me a measurement on the width of the goggle on a flat plane. He told me the goggles were not meant to be flat, and all sorts of weird reasons why he wouldn't be able to give me that measurement. I just want to be able to compare the goggle curvature measurement (8.66") to the width measurement, so I can see if they are worth ordering in to try. I have a set of goggles that fit me decently already, but I need that measurement to justify the shipping return cost, as I am in Canada.

I am just looking for the goggles to be sitting on a table, foam down, and make a mark on either side of the goggle, then measure that distance.

I will upload a picture when I have a chance to do so at home if this post is unclear.

Thank you!

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
I can't help you because I don't have those goggles. But I can tell you the measurement you seek is the "projected width" of the goggle foam. You may have confused the rep with the "flat plane" wording. The goggle is not constrained to a flat plane, but the width of the curved surface is projected onto a flat plane.

Sponsor