• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Padded double ski bag with rollers to fit 211 cm akis

Bryant Reiff

Booting up
Skier
Looking for recommendations for a padded, double ski bag, with rollers to fit up to a 211 cm pair of SG skis.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Looking for recommendations for a padded, double ski bag, with rollers to fit up to a 211 cm pair of SG skis.
Not what you're looking for, but he double SportTubes will support up to 212 cm skis, per their spec. Most bags don't go that long (which is what I assume prompted this thread). I'm not sure of any bags that long anymore. The major ones (Db, Dakine, etc.) don't seem to go that long.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

There are several more there that probably will accept long skis.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Even our sponsor @KULKEA's bag only goes to 207 cm.
Mind you, quite often you can get longer skis in the bag than the actual length. so you may be able to get a 211cm ski in it.

pjs32000

Booting up
Skier

There are several more there that probably will accept long skis.
Do you have first hand knowledge of this bag? It seems to be a less common model so there's not a lot of info about it online. For instance, I'm curious how rugged the material is (1680?), would like to see how the length adjustability works, photos of the inside of the bag, etc.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Do you have first hand knowledge of this bag? It seems to be a less common model so there's not a lot of info about it online. For instance, I'm curious how rugged the material is (1680?), would like to see how the length adjustability works, photos of the inside of the bag, etc.
It's Swix, who rarely puts out a bad product. I image it is better than most, not as good as some.

As far as the Kulkea, I would shoot them a message and find out if the 207 is a rule or a guideline to what the bag will accept.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Nope, Can't help you there.
Probably best to give them a call and talk to them.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
I have this bag and it is great.

Other stores carry it too but Amazon had the best pictures :)

pjs32000

Booting up
Skier
It's Swix, who rarely puts out a bad product. I image it is better than most, not as good as some.

As far as the Kulkea, I would shoot them a message and find out if the 207 is a rule or a guideline to what the bag will accept.
Thanks, I just don't see a lot of Swix luggage out there. I don't need a long bag though, my skis are only 180 unlike the OP. I've been in the market for a bag for some time and am tryin to get as close to 180cm as possible for a bag to help it fit in my smaller car. I tried the Transpak Ski Vault which is exactly 180cm but the single zipper opening drove me crazy. This is only the 2nd bag I've seen at 180cm that might have a lot of features I'm looking for, but with such limited info it's hard to tell.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
This bag on Amazon will work for up to 215cm--my SG skis fit in it:

High Sierra Adjustable Wheeled Ski and Snowboard Equipment Travel Bag - Holds Skis and Snowboards from 160 cm. to 215 cm. with a Two-Stage Adjustment System

For some reason, every time I try to put in a direct link to Amazon, it reverts to an Amazon logo, as noted below:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
For some reason, every time I try to put in a direct link to Amazon, it reverts to an Amazon logo, as noted below:
That's a feature of the site software, to show a small photo from Amazon when a link is posted. It's not a problem or something you can change - the link still works just fine, by clicking on the icon/pic provided.

pjs32000

Booting up
Skier
That's a feature of the site software, to show a small photo from Amazon when a link is posted. It's not a problem or something you can change - the link still works just fine, by clicking on the icon/pic provided.
That's odd because I don't see an image at all, just the stock image of a frowning file indicative of a broken image. It's not a URL for me either, clicking it does nothing.

As for the SWIX bag, I discovered there are 2 models, regular and deluxe. The regular was previously posted, I've linked the deluxe below. The descriptions and photos are pretty vague but one key difference is the deluxe has a "U" shaped zipper opening instead of a single zipper down the center, which IMO is a big improvement and is the reason I didn't like the Transpak Ski Vault. I'm still not too clear on how the size adjustment works on the deluxe model, Race Place said it appears to be some sort of fabric flap that folds over the top and excess unneeded fabric for shorter skis gets tucked inside. Both of these appear to use beefy 1680 material, are fully padded, and can hold skis between 180-215cm. The flap that doesn't seem to have any closure system is the biggest concern for me. I want to take a flyer on this but Race Place's shipping charges are quite high, I'd be out $50 or so if I return it.

https://the-raceplace.com/products/2019-swix-double-wheeled-ski-bag?_pos=47&_sid=77339e97a&_ss=r

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Look towards manufacturers that specialize in race skis...Atomic, Rossignol, Swix (already mentioned)...most of them will have an option for longer skis.

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
I don't know what the Swix bag does to "adjust". I used to use a big, long bright yellow bag with internal ties and a separator flap to hold two pairs. The internal ties could be snugged around shorter skis in a way that let the ends of the bag match the ends of the skis, with the fabric sort of wrinkling up in between tie spots.

steveskier

Booting up
Skier
How do the Volkl and High Sierra single bags compare? Anyone have another favorite single they can recommend?

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
How do the Völkl and High Sierra single bags compare? Anyone have another favorite single they can recommend?
There is less differentiation in single bags, because usually they don't need so many complex gotcha issues like how wheels/backbones to help with the rolling will work; or internal doodads to keep the gear organized and strapped down.

So a single bag is pretty much will work just as you see it; not too much rocket science.

Beyond your feature choices of straps and pockets and sizing; The main decision is if you want it padded or not/how tough you want the external fabric. The trade off being it being thinner/lighter easier to rollup and packaway (more for car) versus being bigger and bulkier (more for plane).

Last edited:

steveskier

Booting up
Skier
I'd ordered a Kulkea but sent it back and just ordered a Thule, which appears to be a better bag. I've heard horror stories about airport luggage handlers.

Sponsor

Staff online