• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Northern Rockies/Alberta Panorama or Revelstoke?

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
The condition of the mountain, on the other hand, is pretty abysmal.
I wish I had seen this thread earlier as I would have recommended the Thompson-Okanagan region of B.C. Big White and Silver Star have a snowpack that is pretty close to normal and Sun Peaks has an above average snowpack, while the rest of western Canada has below average snowpack and coverage.

TS
C

crosscountry

Sock Puppet
Skier
Pass Pulled
The condition of the mountain, on the other hand, is pretty abysmal.
Well, I spoke too soon. It snow overnight, and continued snowing all day long. The "abysmal" condition of yesterday had made a 180 change!

Sometimes, it's not the snow pack, just what's been going on the last 24 hours that matters.

My last run down was really nice because all the new snow on the run. (and a guy was upset the Summit quad was closed exactly at 3:30! He wanted one more run :) )

@plannersteve, did you get your heli trip?

TS
C

crosscountry

Sock Puppet
Skier
Pass Pulled
I wish I had seen this thread earlier as I would have recommended the Thompson-Okanagan region of B.C. Big White and Silver Star have a snowpack that is pretty close to normal and Sun Peaks has an above average snowpack, while the rest of western Canada has below average snowpack and coverage.
Appreciate the contribution.

Though for those of us who don't ski the ultra-radical terrain, the snowpack depth probably isn't all that significant? There're enough terrain to ski, just different terrain than on a year with more snow depth.

Anyway, I had fun at Pano. It snowed a good 20cm in about 48hrs while I was there. So it turned a miserable corral reef on day 1 into powder playground on day 3. Ended up extended my stay another day as the snow was good and no one was skiing them easy stuff!

Pano strikes me as a steeper version of Northstar. Trees, more trees, with more pitch.

Very, very quiet. I can get used to that.