• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pay It Forward Contest-Salomon QST 92 Giveaway. Winner Announced!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Pay-It-Forward-Salomon-Skis-SkiTalk-Mt-Rose.jpg
I was recently lucky enough to win the Passholder Lucky Drawing at Mt Rose, a pair of Salomon QST 92 in a 177cm length! Since I really don't need any more skis, I asked Mt Rose their thoughts, and they said the skis are mine to do whatever I wish, even sell them. I think the best thing to do is to pay them forward to one lucky follower in SkiTalk Land.

Snippets from our testers:

"The 92 enters turns nicely and finishes with a lively feel. This ski is definitely on the playful side but can arc a turn when asked to. I found the flex even throughout the ski, making it fun in the moguls and trees."

"The QST 92 has all the makings of a one-ski quiver. I really enjoyed its grip as well as its easygoing attitude. You can relax on this ski and it will give you plenty of latitude to just cruise along in control. Tell it to turn, and Boom! Turns happen."

**Contest Winner Announced Tonight on SkiTalk W/Dan Egan on Facebook 5:00 PST**
Winner is Ron Wolfe

Last edited:

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Really enjoying this ski so far this season. Really nails the AM ski segment with good performance everywhere right down the middle between front side and back side. Best mogul ski in the quiver. the point of view on these kinda reminds me of the DPS Cassiar series from a few years back. Someone is going to have fun on these.

Last edited:

JohnnyG

Getting on the lift
Skier
Question: Regarding "Emails may be shared between hosting site and participating sponsors."

Who are the participating sponsors, just Skitalk and Mt Rose?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Question: Regarding "Emails may be shared between hosting site and participating sponsors."

Who are the participating sponsors, just SkiTalk and Mt Rose?
Salomon

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
The QST 85 is my daily driver. I imagine the QST 92 would be very similar. If I win, they'll go to my son, who likes to borrow my skis. (Same BSL and same binding setting).

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
This ski is definitely on the playful side but can arc a turn when asked to.​

Off topic a bit, but for me a skit that can arc a turn when asked to IS playful. So I don't understand the quote above from the review. It seems to imply that playful skis and arcing turns are usually opposites?

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m in. I had the good fortune to spend some time with a Salomon rep awhile back and became convinced a Stance 96 would fit very nicely for me, with the QSTs not far behind.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Anyone who suggests putting Look bindings on a Salomon ski should be automatically disqualified!
I would put Salomon bindings on them if they guarantee the heels don't explode. :) BTW @Philpug does Salomon have a good demo binding for this ski and what size brake would work best.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I would put Salomon bindings on them if they guarantee the heels don't explode. :)
What's the most recent model/year you've seen blow the spring out the back? I haven't seen anything post 1990s do that.. But, pretty much everything non metal pre Y2K will definitely blow eventually. I'm good with stuff beyond about 2005 being skiable. YMMV

Sponsor