• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Night skiing????

Isn’t that drinking/hot tub time????

Which is why night skiing is sometimes appreciated.. Waking up at noon hungover a person getting a late start might want to ski til 7 or so then back to the bar..

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I worked at the summit house cafeteria at PCMR for a winter in the mid-70's. Took at least a couple of night ski laps every day after work. Often there were gates set up that we would run. Was really good for my skiing.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I would assume the Masters nighttime race training will continue.
I wonder if this was announced before season pass sales began last Spring. Is this another example of the empires bait & switch?
Did I hear that Kirkwood will close April 8th?

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Did I hear that Kirkwood will close April 8th?

Quoting myself from current year Tahoe thread "Is it too early to complain about Kirkwood closing too early in 2018? They are scheduled to close April 8! "

I emailed them in reply to one of their opening soon emails the following:
"Are you really going to close Kirkwood on April 8 as it says on your web page? http://www.snow.com/faqdetail/Mount...are-the-resorts-opening-and-closing-dates.axd
If Kirkwood does not open on Nov 22, will you extend the season (conditions permitting) to make up for loss of early season days?"

No response. Hopefully I'll share some lifts with some of their management this season.

I skied Park City a night in Jan. 1986 when car trouble on way from CO delayed my arrival. It was very cold. I think I took a run or two at the most and went in for a hot drink, then went out for one more run.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
My take would be that night skiing is not a money maker but if they are still offering night ski team training just no public skiing, then the costs are still there.:huh::huh: