• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

aubergine

Putting on skis
Skier
I had a PEAKS certificate from Vail expiring in May and called in trying to get it extended, given that they shut everything down.

However the call center has been shut down, and their email address acknowledges my request, but says it will be weeks before they respond.

Has anyone else had this issue or successfully gotten an expiring PEAKS reward rolled, given the unusual circumstances of 20202?

I was planning on using it this April, but clearly everything got blown up!

Thanks

PS: for those unfamiliar, these are the rewards MTN hands out after buying too many overpriced group lessons :(

BTaylor

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Skier
My situation with Breck Ski Club might apply to yours. In case you're not familiar: Ski Club is a program offered at Breck and Keystone for 10 days of lessons with the same cohort group and the same instructor throughout the winter. I love it, have had an excellent Level III instructor for each of the past two years. I whined a bit last December that my cohort group was getting too big and we weren't getting into adventurous enough terrain. The program director brought on an additional instructor; my group shrank to 2-4 students each Saturday; and we spent our afternoons mostly in the alpine bowls. IMO, the program went above and beyond what they were obligated to do by contract with me.

Anyway, my Ski Club only got in 8 Saturdays on the mountain this year before the resort shut down. I received an email from Breck Ski and Ride School yesterday saying that my two "lost" Saturdays would be applied as credits towards next year's Club program. This seems fair to me, as I am planning on continuing with Ski Club in the 2020-21 season. The Breck email says they are "planning full steam ahead' for the program returning next year.

I include a portion of the email update from Breck below. Emphasis mine.

We ask for your patience, as our Ski School / Product Sales & Services team members are working from home and have limited network access.  Once we have returned to our offices, we will respond and address any concerns you might have regarding the prorated credit.  We are willing to work with individuals who feel that our plan for crediting will not work for their situation.

Hope this helps.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
With no guarantee on when you'd be able to cash it in, I think just worry about something else until slopes look like they may open again...as you might not even be able to know what to ask for yet, so it's somewhat moot.

Right now, esp. considering so many employees furloughed, it will just be an exercise in frustration to pursue this. If you do manage to get to a human, the other side doesn't have any power to grant you anything of meaning at the moment, as nobody can say with certainty what the future holds.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January