• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Peloton

BTaylor

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Skier
CNBC also reports that Peloton has hired McKinsey & Co. to "review cost structure" and almost certainly to eliminate jobs.

I love my Peloton Bike+ and just hope they don't let go many of their best instructors.

BTaylor

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Skier
Hopefully, Emma Lovewell, Matt Wilpers and Kendall Toole will survive the McKinsey gauntlet.

Dennis Morton, too. Like his musical tastes, in addition to his cycling energy. Dennis has even gotten me doing some of his yoga sessions!

bbbradley

Out on the slopes
Skier
I want to know why they eliminated avg output on the overall stats page in the recent SW update. That was the metric I relied upon most to assess ride intensity. The graphic with the body parts used thing is useless.

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
And as the stock flat lines near zero, they are closing their mfg plant and outsourcing production in Taiwan, any US production ideas gone for good. Strangely they've become every other fitness corp...

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hope the subscription model permits Peloton to survive, even if hard goods sales drop more.
With my current lower back issues, riding my Peloton is the only cardio I can tolerate.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Case study in the inappropriateness of growth focused market capitalism as a universal for business. There was a very good business there - loyal customers , decent profit potential, in a niche where despite pretentiousness/ poseurs it did net good. What there wasn't was a business that could grow forever or own the whole exercise space. But the growth story is everything until its not.....

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Hope the subscription model permits Peloton to survive, even if hard goods sales drop more.

I'm kinda peeved - they could still have have done so much with the club gym market, including replacing decade+ old spinning class bikes of the old Keiser twist-friction type, including replacing great unholy gobs of gym cardio machines that were dated before the pandemic hit.

They don't need a customer subscription model for that, they just need old school sales and maintenance crews.

Reactions: doc

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
I'm kinda peeved - they could still have have done so much with the club gym market, including replacing decade+ old spinning class bikes of the old Keiser twist-friction type, including replacing great unholy gobs of gym cardio machines that were dated before the pandemic hit.

They don't need a customer subscription model for that, they just need old school sales and maintenance crews.

We have a Peloton bike. Not sure of the specific model, but the build quality is pretty bad. The screen/fitness classes are good, but the bike itself would not survive long if users were changing the position of the seat/handlebars all the time. There are much better bikes out there for that use case.

Our friends took a better approach - buy some other bike (ie used commercial model of some kind), then subscribe to the classes.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
We have a Peloton bike. Not sure of the specific model, but the build quality is pretty bad. The screen/fitness classes are good, but the bike itself would not survive long if users were changing the position of the seat/handlebars all the time. There are much better bikes out there for that use case.

Our friends took a better approach - buy some other bike (ie used commercial model of some kind), then subscribe to the classes.

I believe you - but they bought Precor. Who make the overwhelming majority of cardio machines at all our local gyms.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And as the stock flat lines near zero, they are closing their mfg plant and outsourcing production in Taiwan, any US production ideas gone for good. Strangely they've become every other fitness corp...
Thanks for the bump. It reminded me to cancel my digital subscription that hadn't been used for months. ;)

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Another Peloton recall... not funny:

But the first comment about the recall got me to laugh:

1683836013238.png

:roflmao:

Sponsor

Staff online