• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Percentage of skiers that can carve a turn... way too small...

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
It's technically your fault.
That's arguable based on the interpretation that rule 2 is generally read to mean you have to pass safely/completely, which they wouldn't have done in your example. Though of course it depends on the particulars and size of turns, width of slope, etc. and whether or not you are violating rule 1.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
That's arguable based on the interpretation that rule 2 is generally read to mean you have to pass safely/completely, which they wouldn't have done in your example. Though of course it depends on the particulars and size of turns, width of slope, etc. and whether or not you are violating rule 1.
Agree. Just trying to recognize that is a bad situation with a lot of gray and red.

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
After 50 years of skiing , I tend to ski the hill as I find it - If conditions are ideal for arced GS turns and I’m fresh, I’ll open it up . Most of the time I tend to take a more hybrid approach.
I learned to carve by racing at a young age and that was due to good coaching and a lent pair of VR17’s .Did it make me a better skier? sure ,but I can’t say that it had a huge impact on my enjoyment of the sport. It was fun before I could carve and it’s still fun now when conditions don’t really allow true carved turns (generally bumps and crowds) or I just don’t want to work that hard.

At this stage, I’ve acquired a decent set of skills and experience that help offset the physical diminishment. This allows me to have FUN in most situations, few of which are ever perfect . My attitude is have fun and if smearing or brushing works for most people-my self included if the situation demands ,so be it . Just my 2 cents.

Sponsor