• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Periodic Table Of Snow

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This thing came up in my Instagram feed and I was thinking of getting one. I figured there must be a list somewhere online of snow definitions. I‘m more curious in the definitions than the format.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This is the table I use

0975891A-2147-46B6-96B1-20A044FB9B04.jpeg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
With all the varieties of snow and ice I am surprised they only have four good types and four bad types.

nemesis256

Patrick
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
With all the varieties of snow and ice I am surprised they only have four good types and four bad types.

Given the number of four-letter words some people have for snow, I agree.
Look at the actual poster, not just the t-shirt, there's over 100:

I did buy the poster. It's pretty good, learned some new ones, but they definitely repeat a few and stretch the definition of some.

nemesis256

Patrick
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Is there a square in that periodic table for glare ice with groomer cat track indentations- because I skied that at Loon one day last year.
I think you mean what I've seen refered as cordurice on the forum here a couple times. No, that's about the only term I could think of that's not on there.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Is there a square in that periodic table for glare ice with groomer cat track indentations- because I skied that at Loon one day last year.
I skied that repeatedly for the last five days at Killington. Left before the storm.

How about Ice-duroy?

Sponsor

Staff online