• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Personal ski videos

OSD

Getting on the lift
Skier
Any history of injuries on the right side? Right knee problems can easily produce that abstem (speaking from experience).

I had ACL surgery on it but that was over ten years prior. But that's interesting I thought I was doing something lazy with the left leg but I think you're right, the right leg is the offender. Like I'm straight legging it too much.

James

Out There
Instructor
He normally skis more like this (I especially like his turn at 1:53):

But Superstar is steep, and also it looks like he really enjoys playing with sideslips because he learned them so recently.
Nice.
Those poles could be 7+ cm shorter. It’s just weight to carry and leads to hands too high. Seems like he’s looking up and ahead there unlike Superstar.
After the pitch rolls over into a steeper section my left turns all end with a goofy A frame,
Usually I find when I do that I have not moved my body downhill into the new turn quit enough. So you end up slightly too far uphill and need to stem a little. Easier to feel on groomers, skiing into neutral.

That trail seems to have a slight fall off to the right. That could be why it’s mostly only in that direction. It could also be a left eye issue causing lean to the left.

Sponsor

Staff online