• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Personal ski videos

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Mod note:
We've had two post reports on this thread.
Closing it temporarily to clean up and possibly separate out some of the discussion into another thread.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thread reopened.

This is for personal videos only, not WC Racers and pros for examples.

We expect everyone to act like professionals and not belittle others.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Looking good!

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Ok, I'll bite, a very short clip of me doing one legged short turn...apologies for the quality, for the vertical set up, for the distance not optimal to catch the details...If anyone feels inclined to MA, feel free to.

P.S. that was taken nearly two years ago; I might have gotten better, which is unlikely, or worse at it.
What is not correct, IMHO, is the speed at which I am skiing (the exercise calls for a much slower speed) and the near absence of extension/flexion of the "skiing" leg (which helps keep speed in check)

Last edited:

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Another one, this ought to have been an SL training session (hence the poles with the hand-guards) but due to a sudden nighttime snowfall (it was early Nov 2019) on the glacier, the coach decided it was not worth it. So we spent the day "pretending" to be SL training (in effect free-skiing, somehow ST) in very soft snow and then in the ruts and bumps that formed as the day went by.

At first I liked a lot what I was seeing, but as the time went by, with each re-play...Not so much.
P.S. a couple of words about the skis : Head iSL 165 R12 m.y. 2003 shop graded (yes you read it right, twenty oh-three, shop graded, aka consumer non FIS model) which stayed unused (brand new) in a basement until 2013, when I re-discovered them and started using them. Given how much, err little, I take them out to ski and the limited available r€$0urc€$ at the moment, they still have to make do (and will for a while more) Edited...italic words identified what was corrected

Last edited:

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Aren’t you flexing when you should extend, or wait aren’t you extending when you should be flexing, no wait that’s not right either. I don’t know? But seriously beautiful footage

jimtransition

Out on the slopes
Skier
Aren’t you flexing when you should extend, or wait aren’t you extending when you should be flexing, no wait that’s not right either. I don’t know? But seriously beautiful footage
Haha thanks, yeah not thinking about technique too much at that point.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
What's the deal with the drone? Is it tracking you or does someone have to fly it? For that matter, what drone is it?

Sponsor

Staff online