• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

muddytyres

Booting up
Skier
Sorry in advance if this specific type inquiry isn't allowed. Headed to a conference beginning of Feb at the Alta Lodge but it's sold out. I need to be walking distance since it's 7am class. Goldminer's daughter or Pervuian? Any other suggestions? There's about $400 difference for the 4 night stay but is it worth it? THANKS in advance. Just the two of us, I'm going to class in am then ski all day.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Goldminers is RIGHT next door to Alta Lodge, you will walk 'up' to Alta Lodge. The Peruvian is further away at Snowbird- (I've never stayed there) GMD is great, breakfast, afternoon snacks, really nice dinner, hot tub, sauna. GMD all the way right across from the Collins lift.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I have stayed at both and they're both great. The biggest difference is that GMD is literally steps from the lift and the Peruvian is at the other end of the parking lot...it is NOT located in Snowbird. (There is a lift at Snowbird named the Peruvian...) I prefer the bar for après' at the Peruvian (which, again, is just across the parking lot) That all being said, we have chosen GMD because of it's proximity to the lifts.

E221b

New Yorker Dreaming of the Mountains
Skier
The newly renovated Snowpine is also an option. I’m staying there in January and I’m psyched.

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
The newly renovated Snowpine is also an option. I’m staying there in January and I’m psyched.
Please write a trip report/review - stayed at GMD, Alta Lodge and Rustler - spent plenty of (too much probably) time at the P-dog but never stayed there. Snowpine was still under construction when we were there last Xmas.

Beach Bum

Getting off the lift
Skier
Peruvian is an interesting place to stay. Reminds me of a mix of dorm cause it has dorms, a fraternity cause there are always dudes looking for public bathrooms to shit in each morning, and an awesome hotel cause that's what it is.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I've only stayed at the GMD, but I bet both are amazing.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Peruvian is an interesting place to stay. Reminds me of a mix of dorm cause it has dorms, a fraternity cause there are always dudes looking for public bathrooms to shit in each morning, and an awesome hotel cause that's what it is.

We stayed at the Peruvian, and while we had our own private room and bath, I can see that this post ^^ is spot on. There were dorms. Overall I thought it was nice. Food was good.

Sponsor

Staff online