• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Is that found by going past the lodge on the entrance road?

Yeah, the service road winds up coming out on the far lookers right side. I walked up one of the ski trails (Show Off?) until I reached it though. It's a lot easier on the road!

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
Photo taken from the eastern flank of Boulder Mountain in south-central Utah at an elevation of ~9,400'. Featured are the Waterpocket Fold (backcountry of Capitol Reef N.P.) and the Henry Mountains, which previously were called the Unknown Mountains. It was the last mountain range to be added to the map of the 48 contiguous U.S. states and is home to a bison herd numbering around 350. Even today, the Henrys see very light visitation relative to the great majority of all the other mountain ranges in Utah. The bison are not spooked by mountain bikes, making them easy to view for sustained periods of time when out for a ride. If riding a dirt bike, the load noise of the engine forewarns them of your presence and usually sends them running for cover.

3DC9DA6B-09EB-41AE-B552-B427A85147B3.jpeg

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
A sea of sandstone in southern Utah. Photos taken in Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument from a couple of scenic lookouts along the road connecting the towns of Boulder and Escalante. Lots of fun adventures can be undertaken in this part of the state but the summers tend to be hotter than optimal for many of them. Flash flooding is a frequent danger once monsoon season gets underway.

1CCEE443-7513-498A-8695-ADECAAE64868.jpeg
E961DEB4-D3B6-43D2-93DE-5EA7C82859AB.jpeg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
A little unnamed seasonal creek in a grove of Western Red Cedar. The ambiance is cool and dark. The location is a few miles (kilometers) west of Kootenay Pass in southern British Columbia.

View attachment 136093
This reminds me of a trout stream I use to fish as a young man. Thanks for sharing.

jseeski

Skiing a little BC powder
Skier
@jseeski, your forest photos are fabulous. I've struggled with capturing the beauty of the close-in forest of the region, but you do it great justice.

Here are two of my attempts:
View attachment 136103

View attachment 136104
Thank you. I was lucky to catch some nice lighting. Your second photo shows very nice backlighting through the moss hanging from the tree branches. For those not from the North American Pacific Northwest, that moss gets eaten by elk and deer in the winter when the snow covers much of the ground forage.