• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Crudmaster

tinyurl.com/pungjgt
Skier
We had a couple of fall getaways to Whistler and Portland.

211008 Whist Patu Alta Lk.jpg

Whistler has nice woodsy trails and roads for modest rides.

211023 Portland  T 630 Portlandia.jpg

"Portlandia" is probably my favorite traditional sculpture.

211023 Portland sculptures 011.jpg

The streets around downtown are full of scultpures, small and large.

211023 Portland sculptures 004.jpg

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
These two C-130s frequently fly over the county. Today they practically made me duck. Here they are coming down the Blue River arm of Dillon Reservoir.

IMG_20211107_120141660.jpg

The one on the left made a straight run over the reservoir then turned up CO 6 towards Keystone and presumably the Basin and up and over the Front Range. The one on the right bore off towards Dillon, then did a wing over while turning towards Swan Mountain Road. It proceeded up over Soda Creek and probably followed the leader out of Summit.

IMG_20211107_120148391_crop.jpg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
These two C-130s frequently fly over the county. Today they practically made me duck. Here they are coming down the Blue River arm of Dillon Reservoir.

View attachment 147864
The one on the left made a straight run over the reservoir then turned up CO 6 towards Keystone and presumably the Basin and up and over the Front Range. The one on the right bore off towards Dillon, then did a wing over while turning towards Swan Mountain Road. It proceeded up over Soda Creek and probably followed the leader out of Summit.

View attachment 147865
I remember skiing at Hunter mountain one day when a fighter jet buzzed the mountain. He came in over the base lodge and straight up the center of the mountain. I was coming down Hellgate as it flew over, I stopped to watch it and as it went overhead I fell over backwards looking straight up.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

View attachment 147864

View attachment 147865
Reno airport is home to the Highrollers, Nevada's Air Guard. The C-130s are around frequently. They used to have F4 Phantoms as a recon unit.
20211026_150216.jpg

Puck it

Cannon is my home
Skier

View attachment 147864

View attachment 147865
This is a common occurrence in that live in the Notch. We have C130's, A-10's coming in for strafing runs and F-18's dogfighting over head. Not my video.

Closing day this year
1636464018150.png
1636464048677.png

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
My house is about a half hour away from McGuire Joint Air Force Base and on a rare occasion we see a C 130 fly by in the distance. The size is impressive, we get to see the helicopters a little more frequently they are also quite the site. Fortunately we are far enough away that the noise level does not affect us adversely.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
When living in Lakewood, WA Joint Base Lewis-McCord was just across the interstate. Would see all kinds of interesting things in the air.
One day out on the Nisqually River a squadron of military copters came roaring up the river right on the deck. It was like living a seen from Apocalypse Now.
Playing golf in DuPont (same area but next to the sound) saw them practice a HALO parachute drop, carrying weapons and all. On the tee box and seeing parachutes blossom without ever hearing an airplane did nothing good for the drive.
Waking up to heavy machine gun fire or the occasional artillery practice; good times.
It was all the sounds of freedom.

Sponsor

Staff online