• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Photo by @A Grump .

1604456806119.png

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Hey @KevinF, microspikes, crampons, or just hiking boots? Was the snow compressed into ice?
What worked for traction?

I've hiked Monadnock when new fallen leaves obscured the underfoot rocks, but never in new fallen snow. It's a fun hike with an excellent view at the summit.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Hey @KevinF, microspikes, crampons, or just hiking boots? Was the snow compressed into ice?
What worked for traction?

I've hiked Monadnock when new fallen leaves obscured the underfoot rocks, but never in new fallen snow. It's a fun hike with an excellent view at the summit.

I use microspikes which were fine; there were a few spots that would have been really hard without additional traction. Some people hiked it in just hiking boots though (i.e., no additional traction).

It got pretty warm on Saturday; the trip down I took the microspikes off fairly early... the trail was just soaked from the snow melt. I was more nervous going down with all the wet rock than I was going up!

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester

Bill Kidd was one of my first ski heros along with Tyler Palmer and Franz Klammer. The image Dynamic used was me, though, in 1974 or 75, at Whiteface. The skis and boots were hand-me-downs from Tyler, a neighbor in North Conway.

Briggs 1.jpg
The original image. I liked Whiteface, placed well there and also met Toni Matt one day; he was director of their ski school at the time.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier

Bill Kidd was one of my first ski heros along with Tyler Palmer and Franz Klammer. The image Dynamic used was me, though, in 1974 or 75, at Whiteface. The skis and boots were hand-me-downs from Tyler, a neighbor in North Conway.

View attachment 114330
The original image. I liked Whiteface, placed well there and also met Toni Matt one day; he was director of their ski school at the time.

@Doug Briggs, I would really like to ski with you someday.:thumb:

James

Out There
Instructor
The image Dynamic used was me, though, in 1974 or 75, at Whiteface.
Nice!
Have you contacted them? It’s pretty bad. Wrong person, wrong year by 4 or 5, wrong venue with the place clearly on the panel.
Did they get the skis right?

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Nice!
Have you contacted them? It’s pretty bad. Wrong person, wrong year by 4 or 5, wrong venue with the place clearly on the panel.
Did they get the skis right?
I didn't contact them directly, but they have 'liked' my comments on shared post. Yes, they were Dynamic VR17 DHs. They missed the story by a mile as you noted. This is Tyler Palmer with DH skis. Not the ones I was on, though. ;-)

Tyler Palmer with DHs - 6cfa993d9c54ff11_landing.jpg

tyler_palmer_ski_museum-gibson-race-cranmore.jpg

Tyler at Cranmore while much younger. You can see the Skimobile in the background.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Ted Ligety posted this on Facebook
124111808_10158039062638440_8904877067161480403_o.jpg

Ted: This shot was pure luck, my @gopro MAX attached to a rod on my helmet came off and bounced along next to me for a moment, capturing this. Sometimes it’s just pure luck.

Sponsor

Staff online