• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
5A124350-0B80-4C88-8BF2-C28D182A342C.JPG

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
My future skier!

(My wife and I made the setups and took the photos at home ourselves for safety reasons)

_J6A0707.JPG
_J6A0485.JPG

_J6A0592.JPG

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
our house is pretty solid (styofoam block, rebar and cement) and quiet. we sleep with a fan on so we dont hear it.
Because their fan isn't big enough? ;-)

I use a Google Home for white noise: 'hey Google, play brook sounds'

Reactions: Ron

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Four weeks now since our one good Tahoe storm series as the jetstream is AWOL to BC. So the now old snow surface is not as it was that first week, that has me going through withdrawals wanting more. Also now under a COVID-19 county travel ban that puts Tahoe beyond distance limits.

TA03119-58y.jpg

So this week spent a few hours of 3 chilly mornings while calm, photographing our urban street trees that have been in peak fall color. Most of our streets are sidewalk lined with a strip between the two with trees. The above is a very common flowering pear, pyrus calleryana, that I shot early morning just before sun hit, thus in sky light, that glows like a Christmas tree with colorful ornaments. That is a 4x downsized for web image from the original set I spent about 20 hours tediously focus stack processing from 40 photos.

TA03103-18y.jpg

Most of my leaf work has been close-up subjects covering the ground and I particularly like the Chinese pistache, pistacia chinensis, that have wonderful fine detail with a wide range of pastel hues. Above subject again at 4X downsize, while the below is a 100% pixels crop from that image that shows that detail.

TA03103-18-cr1.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online