• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Possibly this year's last hike, the Wild Sky Wilderness, Washington

Fall to winter
IMG_0342.JPG

Looking at part of the Monte Cristo range
IMG_0333.JPG

Looking south at the Alpine Lakes Wilderness
IMG_0338.JPG

Looking north
IMG_0332.JPG

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Been there, done that, want to go back. We took a helicopter ride through the Wiamea Canyon it was a blast.

we did that too, except it was very windy with high gusts with bands of rain (evidently some remnants of storm or something, as you can see in the pic) and the pilot warned us of the rough conditions. I am not a fan of small helicopters with no doors so it was not my favorite thing I've ever done :). it was beautiful

AECF469D-15C2-4493-B51B-80EFDBBE1B8F_1_201_a.jpeg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
we did that too, except it was very windy with high gusts with bands of rain (evidently some remnants of storm or something, as you can see in the pic) and the pilot warned us of the rough conditions. I am not a fan of small helicopters with no doors so it was not my favorite thing I've ever done :). it was beautiful

View attachment 145269
100_0290.jpg

jseeski

Skiing a little BC powder
Skier
A little more Canadian content...

Looking south down the Slocan River valley at Frog Peak.

211011 NIK_6809 Frog Peak.jpg

Clouds clinging to mountains right across the street from our house. It was a soggy morning with very dull light.

211016 NIK_6832 Across the street.jpg

View from the east side of Bombi Pass on Highway 3 in southern British Columbia.

211011 NIK_6765 View from Bombi.jpg

Larch trees in fall color reflected in a pond on the west side of the Bombi Pass. Larch is a needle-bearing tree that is not evergreen. It is common in some parts of the country and completely unknown in others. It often changes color after the other deciduous trees have dropped their leaves, but they're all changing at the same time this year.

211016 NIK_6859-6860 Pond on Bombi pano.jpg

Afternoon sun on a hillside on Highway 3 between Paulson Pass and Christina Lake.

211016 NIK_6889 Hwy 3 west of Paulson.jpg

View from Paulson Bridge on Highway 3 west of Paulson Pass. Some aspen, some larch, lots of evergreens.

211016 NIK_6926 View from Paulson Bridge.jpg

Maple leaves at the south end of Slocan Lake.

211011 NIK_6788 Maple leaf at Slocan Beach.jpg

It's not winter here yet, but snow tires are required as of October 1.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
We have had a family of swans and a family of ducks living behind our summer home all summer, today we started to close up the house for the season and they came by to see us.
PXL_20211020_170944009.jpg

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
We have had a family of swans and a family of ducks living behind our summer home all summer, today we started to close up the house for the season and they came by to see us.
View attachment 145732
Good thing they were friendly. Angry swans are no joke. Canada Geese have a bad rap but swans are like their tougher cousins that have dealt with some s*** and aren't going to take any of yours.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I can speak to geese. Yes, they are mean.

When I was a little kid, we'd go to Storyland. https://www.storylandnh.com/ There were live animals ranging from goats to geese. I got too close to the geese pen and my bare belly button got a good bite.

Last edited:

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Good thing they were friendly. Angry swans are no joke. Canada Geese have a bad rap but swans are like their tougher cousins that have dealt with some s*** and aren't going to take any of yours.
You may be used to Long Island geese. New York geese for sure don’t take s*** from anyone. Never try and steal a cab from one of them. And NY geese cab drivers…they’ll run you over and keep on going. Their continuous honking can be very annoying.

In contrast California geese are typically mellow. Some say it’s weed related. I think it’s the weather although nesting costs may be stressing some of them out. If his geese are native NJ then I suppose if you’re not careful you might find yourself at the bottom of a pond.

Now true Canadian Geese are extremely considerate in fact I don’t think they honk at all, even when someone’s flying In the wrong direction.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
You may be used to Long Island geese. New York geese for sure don’t take s*** from anyone. Never try and steal a cab from one of them. And NY geese cab drivers…they’ll run you over and keep on going. Their continuous honking can be very annoying.

In contrast California geese are typically mellow. Some say it’s weed related. I think it’s the weather although nesting costs may be stressing some of them out. If his geese are native NJ then I suppose if you’re not careful you might find yourself at the bottom of a pond.

Now true Canadian Geese are extremely considerate in fact I don’t think they honk at all, even when someone’s flying In the wrong direction.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Sponsor