• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
20211110_121752.jpg

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
It was looking so promising about Tahoe after the October 25 bomb cyclone. All looking at our gear, mental dreaming of snow turns. But I also knew November is more often dry than not and most of that by now warmed snow has melted gone to feed thirsty plants and snow bunnies. So for a diversion...

ELPH190, Marina Green along Marina Blvd San Francisco at Sunset Saturday November 20, 2021, sunny, light breezes, crystal clear, temperature all day low to mid 60's. Notice the cylinder of Coit Tower frame left and the blown a bit outward USA flag frame right. Then back at illuminated downtown to the left is Bank America Building, the new Sales Force Tower, middle ground Nob Hill, center TransAmerica Pyramid. The best daytime free parking in The City with lots of walkers, joggers, bicyclist, skate boarders, strollers, tourists. I like urban street hiking the hilly city with the Pacific and usually park for free at Marina Green.

Happy Thanksgiving week.

(mouse select to enlarge)
Marina-SS_112021.jpg

Last edited:

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Wild or privately owned?
They are privately owned rodeo horses, never ridden just dying to buck someone off. We had about 20 of them out grazing on the property behind us this summer but they were moved in September. They brought a few back last week as the nice weather has allowed some grass to grow. We usually have a herd of about 70 elk in the springtime along with plenty of deer, occasional moose & a rare wayward mountain goat.

Recent photo (not mine) from Snowbasin...
Moose at Snowbasin.jpg

& one of my own a few winters ago
Moose 001.JPG

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Yesterday, 11/26/21 aka Black Friday, two of us went fishing a couple hours along the ocean at Sonoma Coast State Beach. And just caught seaweed snags haha. But much enjoyed being out along the immense powerful Pacific Ocean that fills one's senses. And of course brought with us turkey sandwiches.

cb_8250.jpg

Lots of big waves to enjoy watching crashing on rocky seastacks and one did splashing on rocks did get me a bit wet.

cb_8277.jpg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Yesterday, 11/26/21 aka Black Friday, two of us went fishing a couple hours along the ocean at Sonoma Coast State Beach. And just caught seaweed snags haha. But much enjoyed being out along the immense powerful Pacific Ocean that fills one's senses. And of course brought with us turkey sandwiches.

View attachment 149532

Lots of big waves to enjoy watching crashing on rocky seastacks and one did splashing on rocks did get me a bit wet.
View attachment 149533
Any day out fishing is a good day.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
I have noticed over the years that the Wife really likes Nutcrackers. There are MOST of her smaller ones. There are a couple of other displays in the house but this holds the majority. The shelf is just short of 12' and 12" deep.

Had promised annually to build here a a larger space for her to display them, and since we aren't skiing around here it seemed like a very good time to keep the promise.
20211127_175239 (1).jpg

Sponsor

Staff online