• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Friends boat, pocket cruiser made in Costa Mesa, CA. Can't remember the manufacturer, but I'll find out. Little 15 footer, easy to trailer and rig up. View attachment 171815 Way better to have friends with boats, that way they have to Break Out Another Thousand!
Boat: a hole in the water into which money flows.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Friends boat, pocket cruiser made in Costa Mesa, CA. Can't remember the manufacturer, but I'll find out. Little 15 footer, easy to trailer and rig up. View attachment 171815 Way better to have friends with boats, that way they have to Break Out Another Thousand!
I agree on the sentiment about other people's boats, but own a Precision 21 I'll be sailing on the Maine coast in July. I had a Venture 17 for a number of years here in CO. Your friend's looks similar in may ways.

1st voyage 01.jpg 1st voyage 03.jpg
Rosie on Dillon Reservoir.

James

Out There
Instructor
I agree on the sentiment about other people's boats, but own a Precision 21 I'll be sailing on the Maine coast in July. I had a Venture 17 for a number of years here in CO. Your friend's looks similar in may ways.

View attachment 171829 View attachment 171830
Is it true there’s no swimming in Dillon reservoir? Because of cold water or gross humans?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Do they allow boats with gasoline motors and fishing in the reservoir?
You can see all the rules here:

Motor boats are allowed but not jet skis... Fishing is allowed... Most personal water activities are not allowed, but wind-surfing with a wetsuit is... kind of a strange set of rules.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier

View attachment 171829 View attachment 171830
In the next couple of weeks I hope to do some racing as crew on one of these.
IMG_20200815_090818976.jpg
I went up the mountain for a third lap at sunset last night.
PXL_20220622_025753114.jpg

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Night time thunderstorm in Tucson. There were too many clouds to get the individual bolts of lightening. This is looking north from my mom's place south east near the airforce base.
20220622_211143.jpg

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
That's not correct though. You can wind surf, which certainly involves falling into the water at times. As noted, it's the water temp that prevents swimming.

I agree but it has been stated as what they are trying to achieve

6. No swimming allowed. Since Lake Dillon is the largest water supply for the Denver Water system, swimming is off limits. In fact, no body-water contact is allowed on Lake Dillon.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I agree but it has been stated as what they are trying to achieve

6. No swimming allowed. Since Lake Dillon is the largest water supply for the Denver Water system, swimming is off limits. In fact, no body-water contact is allowed on Lake Dillon.
Where are you quoting from?

Why can’t you swim in Dillon Reservoir?

Brandon Ransom, Denver Water’s recreation manager, said the combination of low water temperatures and thin air makes it dangerous for folks to swim. He also said search and rescue efforts would be difficult since it is such a large body of water.

“We get a lot of folks from all over the country, all over the world really, that may not be accustomed to that elevation,” Ransom said. “And you can combine the elevation with the thin air and cold water, and you can have a real situation if you really get into that.”

Back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Because a video is just a bunch of photos. :cool:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Class "C" scow, popular on Midwestern lakes.
Love those boats! I sailed them a lot growing up in Indiana. When I moved out east, no one knew what the hell they were. I'd say "scow" and the only reference they had was a NYC garbage barge.

Sponsor