• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Now early spring, we in California are in a transition period between still snowy mountains and green verdant flowery lower elevation spring.

Completed processing the first three subjects I captured with my a6700 camera last Thursday at San Luis Reservoir Wildlife Refuge a California Department of Fish and Game public lands. This is adjacent to Pacheco State Park about 60 miles south of my residence. My first field trip with the new Sony bought last August and have now figured out how to basically use some features of that very complex camera with a labyrinth of terse MENU items that must be understood with its massive PDF user guide.

These lightly visited lands ironically largely unknown to most San Francisco Bay Area residents, consistently offer the best early spring wildflower displays in our region. Will continue at peak bloom during next couple weeks and very green. The state park is $10 to park at while the Refuge parking is free.

I used the new focus bracketing function at F8.0 and F4.5. These focus stack blended images for maximum depth of field and fine detail and downsized for web herein, are post processed with Zerene Stacker manually, Autopano Kolor, and Adobe Photoshop CS6. The first two are 2 stitched blended column frames and the third 3 frames. After each image are 100% pixels crops that show the actual fine detail.

Within blue oak, quercus douglasii, and coast live oaks, quercus agrifolia, savanna grasslands, fragrant California goldfields, lasthenia californica, butter-n-eggs, triphysaria eriantha, white seablush, plectritis macrocera, Padre's shootingstar, dodecatheon clevelandii, filaree, erodium cicutarium, johnny-jump-up, viola pedunculata, blue dicks, dipterostemon capitatus.

(to enlarge, mouse right button select - Open Image in New Tab)

UF00066-00088-2x1vy.jpg

UF00066-00088-2x1v-cr1.jpg

With a wind swept California coast live oak with the same species per above plus California poppy, eschscholzia californica.

UF00209-00251-2x1vy.jpg

UF00209-00251-2x1v-cr1.jpg

Large patch of us California poppy, eschscholzia californica, plus a few blue bicolor lupine and filaree. Note per crop other patches below the ridge line with coastal live oak.

UF00327-00380-3x1vy.jpg

UF00327-00380-3x1v-cr1.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online