• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
More of Hollywood does ski.
Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Shares-Heartwarming-Wishes-To-Clint-Eastwood-On-His-93rd-Birthday.jpg

scvaughn

Seeking altitude...
Skier
Here's a photo of the Taos Lift 4 replacement project. I still remember the triple that was replaced by the quad they just removed. The waterfall is flowing with authority.

IMG_3787.jpeg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
About 10 miles SW of Bar Harbor, Maine. The mountain in the background is Pemetic(?) in Acadia National Park. This place is referred to locally as Little Long Pond. Every day I get to spend up here is a blessing that doesn’t get taken for granted.
Everyone does have their "Happy Place" and you have found yours. Enjoy.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
About 10 miles SW of Bar Harbor, Maine. The mountain in the background is Pemetic(?) in Acadia National Park. This place is referred to locally as Little Long Pond. Every day I get to spend up here is a blessing that doesn’t get taken for granted.
That's a beautiful spot.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Somewhere, Yosemite Bear is smiling, and probably crying a bit too.
I was told about his viral video and looked for it. I'm a little surprised at the lack of vivid colors, but then video and photo never do the actual image justice.

Its a cool video for sure, but just saying....I've experienced double rainbows and taken pictures....never do them justice

@Jerez your photo of the Double Rainbow was really good. How did you get those vibrant colors?

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was told about his viral video and looked for it. I'm a little surprised at the lack of vivid colors, but then video and photo never do the actual image justice.

Its a cool video for sure, but just saying....I've experienced double rainbows and taken pictures....never do them justice

@Jerez your photo of the Double Rainbow was really good. How did you get those vibrant colors?
My Husband took it in the yard with his Android phone. He said it did not do it justice. Every color was crisp and distinct.

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier

If you are using an iPhone , tap on the screen when you are in the live view ( before you take the picture) to adjust exposure. What is usually happening is the phone camera is overexposing the rainbow( or moon ) because the surrounding area is darker. This is called exposure compensation- you need to override it to keep from over exposing the rainbow. This usually works but you have to experiment. I was able to take a clear , sharp, picture of the Big Dipper on a pitch black sky with an I phone by moving the exposure’box” on the screen.

wiread

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

I'm pretty sure Yosemite saw a whole lot of vivid on that day :)

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Isn’t amazing how one day can make a difference- even a few hours .
In elementary school I walked 7/8 of a mile to school on a wooded road and in the spring I’d see things that had bloomed on the walk home that weren’t there in the morning. Nice shot .

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Sponsor

Staff online