• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PhysicsMans Sidecut Calculator - anybody got it still?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Are people having difficulty accessing PhysicsMan's calculator? I had no problem. I went here (noted above in @tsk94's post):
https://web.archive.org/web/2017051...681/physicsmans-ski-sidecut-radius-calculator
Click on the link to the excel file in the first post. It works just fine.
:geek:

It's like some matrix hidden universe LOL..

Speaking of hidden, the formulas are in row 2. They are protected but you can copy and past rows 1,2,3 to another worksheet to see them..

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
What happened to PhysicsMan? I hope he's still with us. I don't know much about him except a general memory of his long and highly technical posts from about 15 or more years ago. Was he located in the mid-Atlantic?

eok

Slopefossil
Skier
:geek:

It's like some matrix hidden universe LOL..

Speaking of hidden, the formulas are in row 2. They are protected but you can copy and past rows 1,2,3 to another worksheet to see them..
The password to unlock the sheet/cells is: sidecut

Also, the sheet is fairly basic & doesn't use any unusual Excel features. So, it loads and works just fine in other spreadsheet apps that support xls files - like LibreOffice Calc. Probably works in Google Docs' spreadsheet app too.

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
What happened to PhysicsMan? I hope he's still with us. I don't know much about him except a general memory of his long and highly technical posts from about 15 or more years ago. Was he located in the mid-Atlantic?
Don’t know. He disappeared from epic well before its demise. His name was Tom and he had Volkl Explosives I believe, many years ago. Those were a cult ski for awhile.
Yeah he was long ago missed. His posts were very good.

Sponsor

Staff online