• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pi

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Honest question.. Was the dessert named "pie" because it is typically round or is that just a coincidence??

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not a math geek, but I do like pie, key lime my fav.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Its not π day but I've been hitting the local farmer's market and today was an amazing blackberry day so I decided to make an open face blackberry pie. I guess it would technically be called a tart.

Blackberry Tart.png

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Its not π day but I've been hitting the local farmer's market and today was an amazing blackberry day so I decided to make an open face blackberry pie. I guess it would technically be called a tart.

View attachment 137154
That looks amazing!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That looks amazing!
I'm a little concerned that its not setting up but then, I figured I'd go get some vanilla ice cream and enjoy it anyway :D

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm a little concerned that its not setting up but then, I figured I'd go get some vanilla ice cream and enjoy it anyway :D
Mmmm... mmmmm:drool:. Sounds good! Ice cream is a great equalizer ogwink:D

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
That sounds like a good plan, pie and ice cream, is always a good idea.

James

Out There
Instructor
Mountain Creamery in Woodstock, VT
I once had a couple of friends up and we got one of their “Mile High” pies. I’m not a fan of absurdly large things, (this pie is like six inches tall), but the crust was so good we were compelled to drive back an hour to get another they took home. It’s a chewy crust. So good, almost didn’t need the apples.

Possibly the extreme thickness steams the crust more and makes it better. They also make normal thickness ones.
Hopefully, it remains as good, that was 5-6 yrs ago.
AAD1566D-C8CF-4DCA-B130-3C3D6DF5B242.png

Another very good source of pies- Southern Pie Company in Chester, VT. Sour cream triple berry, or blueberry, both excellent. Can’t go wrong prob with any of theirs but they make some weird ones. They had an outpost in Ludlow for a couple years.

There is of course Vermont Country Deli, Brattleboro off exit 2, I91. Very popular stop for sandwiches. Their pies are very good.
(Heh, their text mentions “the smell of simmering garlic”. Thankfully, in many trips I’ve never experienced that.)

Ironically, VT Apple Pie Company in Proctorsville I can’t recommend. Maybe they’ve gotten better over the years, but I’d rate them as poor.

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
For blueberry and raspberry, I’d recommend Little Notch Bakery on Mount Desert Island in Maine. Hard to beat those Maine blueberries. For apple, my mom’s recipe now made by my daughter. Even better if we can get Northern Spies ( apples) in the blend.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Mmmm... mmmmm:drool:. Sounds good! Ice cream is a great equalizer ogwink:D
That sounds like a good plan, pie and ice cream, is always a good idea.
The pie did set up nicely and we enjoyed it this evening with some vanilla ice cream.
Back at the smart eating tomorrow!

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
I had huckleberry pie yesterday.

Late on this post, next year.

Sponsor