• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pictures From the Skintrack

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Pretty much every single one of top 30 men and women xc ski racers are currently in Toblach to get ready for World Champs starting in less then 10 days, so I guess it's just fine to have week of xc skiing in Toblach myself. Maybe they knew I'm going to be here, and they all planned training camps here because of this :roflmao:
Did they have to make/move most of that snow?

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
@chris_the_wrench base for few main tracks is man made snow, but there's natural snow on top, and most of other trracks is natural snow only. There's not much of it, but conditions are currently awesome and it's enough snow to have your best skis out without worrying about them :)

Snowflake2420

I70 is Life
Skier
From last week touring in Japan near Furano

1676436558562.png

1676436592174.png

1676436643649.png

1676436736778.png

1676436677256.png

Good snow down low, wind effected up high

TS
Mothertucker

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Are those feral donkeys, or escaped from someone’s field?
Wild burros, like horses, non-native and introduced to North America.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Everyone of Worlds best xc skiers are fleeing Toblach and moving to Planica, so I guess it's time for me to close this awesome week and had to Planica too. One last 35km classic session and I guess that's about it for Dolomites this season, unless they get some more snow, as otherwise there's no way we are back there, especially if day temperatures around +10c will continue.
xcski_toblach_2.1.2.jpg

charlier

Fresh Tracks
Skier
@charlier, what’s ATL and NTL?
Looks gorgeous there. Was there some mellower terrain for those dicey conditions?
Good question @Slim - Whoops, above tree line (atl) and near tree line (ntl). Yes, it was easy and straightforward to dial-back exposure to avalanches and seek mellower terrain without overhead hazards. Each day, we choose safe terrain based on our hazard rating, the avalanche problem, and the weather trends.

58BACAC6-2CC8-49A6-82CA-D6EE68BA0DC1.jpeg

Last edited:

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
While real Nordic skiing World championships is still going on for few more days in Planica, there's sort of unofficial xc skiing World champs of TV experts, photographers, journalists and TV and radio commentators, who all happen to be ex pro skiers, going on on warmup and training tracks below Planica nordic center, every morning before the real races... if races start late enough, otherwise it's postponed to after the races time :D
No it's not really real racing, but when seeing those old friends, and everyone still have huge ego, it's hard not to have some current ski "form" proving on some climbs :roflmao:

20230302_083104.jpg

So morning 20km done, now 2km up the valley to shoot women relay race. It's pretty short day today with just one assignment :)

Sponsor