• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Gear Pieps DSP problem - Christina Lusti and Nick McNutt story

JonathanShefftz

Putting on skis
Skier
I got the sport. i just sent them an email , be interesting to see their response
You get the new version for either $100 or free -- unclear if the policy has now shifted to the latter, or if the differing individual responses have been based on differing warranty status.

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
i filled out the warranty claim a while back and just got this message from them :

Your case is very important to us. Please know that your satisfaction is our #1 priority. Currently, we are processing higher than normal claims and working hard to address everyone’s needs as quickly as possible. Please be patient with us during this process, as we expect wait times to vary between one and two weeks, depending on number of claims and availability of beacon replacements.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
For me it didn't go that easy, but it certainly went faster. Well, "not that easy" is slight exaggeration, as it wasn't hard either. I sent Pieps mail and got reply back, they can offer me free checkup, and that's it. After friend's suggestion, I sent them another mail about not being really happy with their service, and that I got info, people are getting free exchanges (as they really did), I got mail back from them 2 days, to send my Pieps DSP Pro, and they will change it for Pieps Pro BT free of charge. I have packed my DSP Pro, sent it, and about 10 days later package arrives with new Pro BT. So even though I wasn't really happy with their customer service after first mail, after that, it was all good, and it was resolved real fast without any complications. But still it felt like, we try not to do anything, and if you will shut up, cool, we profit, otherwise we will exchange it. No idea what is their real policy, as I also heard some people were getting free exchanges (same as I did), some were getting 100-150eur off desired transceiver if they decided to buy new one.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Black Diamond is recalling the Pieps DSP
See announcement here.