• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pivots or Protectors?

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Newly purchased from here from @salvatore (thank you!) - Peak 88s in 160

Help me choose a binding.
(Mods: If this should just go into the Bindings 101 Thread, rather than on its own, please feel free to move it.)

Pro for Look: I have these on my 106 Liberty Powder skis and like them. Unlike the Protectors, they are flat, which I think I like. (Tyrolia Demo bindings on my Stockli Laser AX and I hated the angle, so I had to shim them in the toe to get them to flat before I liked the skis) They are recommended by Peak for their skis as mentioned above.

Pro for Protector: They protect the knees. They can be moved fore and aft. This is nice because some commentary on the never-ending Peak thread said that some people had to tweak the mounting point before loving the skis.

If I go with the Pivots, please comment on the mounting point issue. I put my AX a notch forward; should I do the same for these?

If I go with the Protector, is it even possible to change the delta to flat somehow?

I am 5'3, 116 lbs 274 bsl adequate skier. These will be used on- and off-piste.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If I go with the Protector, is it even possible to change the delta to flat somehow?
Yes, you can shim the toe.

If I go with the Pivots, please comment on the mounting point issue. I put my AX a notch forward; should I do the same for these?
You can mount them forward, that is your call.

We are running Protector 13 Demo on our 23/24 Peak 88 and are happy with the set up.

salvatore

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We have several pairs of Peaks here, although the 88 is the one width we never put on the snow. That said, we mounted all of them on the line and I can't imagine moving forward on any of them. Take it for what it's worth, but I spent the most time on the 104 and if anything I would have moved that back a touch. But really on the line seemed to be perfect.

I run Pivots on all my skis, but if you can adjust Protectors for/aft, that might be a nice option!

Sponsor

Staff online