• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Plantar Fascitis or Peroneal Tendonitis

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Been stuck slope side loving all that spring soft for the past four days so missed out on this thread but we covered this topic at my tailgate. Reached the conclusion that all the old men skiing this time of year are dealing with foot issues. Would love to hear from the 60 plus male skier that is skiing everyday in the soft snow pain free. The female skiers in our posse don't seem to have same foot issues as the men.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I skied yesterday with minimal discomfort as long as I let the tail follow tip through the turn, when I started to work the ski more, it reminded me that it was still there. last night I iced it and continued the Advil.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Logging 154 days in ski boots times 5 hours a day adds up to 32 days in the boot. Spending over a month of time every season with my feet in plastic jail gets tougher as I age. Often my feet determine when the ski day is done. Might need to try that unbuckled approach.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Logging 154 days in ski boots times 5 hours a day adds up to 32 days in the boot. Spending over a month of time every season with my feet in plastic jail gets tougher as I age. Often my feet determine when the ski day is done. Might need to try that unbuckled approach.

I like to ski smoothly. Not necessary slow, but emphasis is on smoothness and efficiency. Low impact.

Besides really steep stuff, about the only time I buckle my boots is for sticky spring mush. Especially the lower cuff buckle.
A good foot bed and Heat molding (all done properly) had been a God sent. Booster strap (against liner tongue) also contribute greatly to the effortlessly smooth skiing. But it all starts inside the head.

jt10000

步步高升
Skier
I self-diagnosed PF after going barefoot too much around the house (wood floors).
Worth noting that working from home (mainly) due to the pandemic means how I (and many people) treat our feet has changed A LOT. We generally don't wear shoes in our home, but I've since washed a pair of sneakers and reserve them for indoors. I try to use them some hour each day, though I'm still barefoot most of the time.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The pain and swelling had gone down and I skied OK for a day and a half then after skiing soem soft spring bumps, the the inflammation returned to the ankle and specifically the front of the ankle limiting the flexion and mobility of the ankle. The pain while walking didn't return but there is some discomfort.

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The best advice at this time is to have it formally checked out by your doctor since I think you’re back at home.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The best advice at this time is to have it formally checked out by your doctor since I think you’re back at home.
We are on the way, but yes.

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
The pain and swelling had gone down and I skied OK for a day and a half then after skiing soem soft spring bumps, the the inflammation returned to the ankle and specifically the front of the ankle limiting the flexion and mobility of the ankle. The pain while walking didn't return but there is some discomfort.
I see some prescriptions ahead for you. Sorta similar stuff for me resulted in various pills to the point where I now get most of my daily caloric intake from pill containers.

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier
Phil, any update on this? Diagnosis or anything? Hope it's okay now.

Sponsor

Staff online