• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

playing with groomed turns

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
The below are 3 examples of a list of ways I sometimes play on groomed slopes. The first 15 second clip is on a road with minimal incline, most skiers just speed through to reach elsewhere. But actual turning can be done and I'll challenge others that think they have the edge sensitivity to do so. Note on most groomed trails the edge is sloped a wee upward so no symmetrical turns. The second 15 second clip are just a few longer radius relaxed turns. The third 84 second clip is on a groomed Intermediate gradient along the edge of the run. A few turns after the beginning I play a game shooting edged snow off the trail edge into the air where it drops off. The rest is just turning smoothly with minimal energy.

---------------------------------
The below 122 second video has 3 clips taken from my Heavenly_4-15-21ad-380a.mp4 video. See the Details text below that video for more information.
The first clip is 15 seconds consisting of 17 sleepy turns along the right edge of the nearly level Ridge Run trail road.
The second clip is also 15 seconds with 9 easy longer radius turns at the top of the Canyonlands trail.
The third clip is 84 seconds long with 74 turns through 250 feet of vertical along the right edge of Canyonlands trail that is 3.4 vertical feet per turn.

Heavenly_4-15-21ad-clips