• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Plywood..

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Market is on fire right now, just about everywhere !
We are seeing no sign of a slow down even if it was 200 / sheet. Some upper end builds, not talking the YC madness is approaching 3k a sq ft. And local lumberyards are honoring quotes for 24 hrs.

Couple that demand everywhere with some Rona, natural disasters and there ya go.

Top it off with no one in Texas knowing how to shut off their water supply and recking their homes all while recording it for their insta account, priceless !
You think plywood is nuts ? Try buying plumbing, electrical and everything else to build with right now.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
What's really bizarre is sheathing grade plywood(CD) is more than finish grade(AB/AC) right now. Finding pressure treated lumber at any price is problematic as well. I'm afraid to even look at plumbing and electrical supplies.

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
The Rona near us has a shit-tonne of pressure treated...but yeah, not cheap. But plywood.. Just wow.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hear ya Ogg.
We have a Interior cabinet project on the calendar and 3/4 walnut cabinet grade hasn’t moved upward upward at all in 6-12 months.
Go figure ?!?

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
...Top it off with no one in Texas knowing how to shut off their water supply...
20210501_171331.jpg

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
It is not just building supplies. Played golf this morning, May 1st, with a manager from Cat Pape (Caterpillar heavy equipment sale company). They just sailed by their AUGUST sales forecast. There is no used equipment to be bought in the PNW.
Contactors are giving bids good for 1 week!
This is going to be crazy for a while yet.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
You live in a part of Texas where cold and snow are actually a thing. Aren't you closer to Denver than you are to Dallas?

I believe he is also on a separate power grid.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I just posted in a different thread that my home owners insurance went up a lot and that when I questioned the increase they said that if the had to rebuild my house the cost of the material would be much higher than last year. The price of the lumber is going to raise the price of a lot of things not just construction.

Reactions: Ogg

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I got my home addition built (mostly finished this past winter) just before the lumber shortage price madness. I'm attempting to finish up some projects now and it's crazy. 4x4x8' Clear Cedar post $100 !!! I was at the yard yesterday attempting to buy supplies to build a 15' fence in cedar. Just the lumber alone was well over $1500. I said: Yeah, no thanks. Switch it up; building it in PT. It's just a small privacy fence for my patio next my house, so I didn't want PT, but come-on, there's a limit to what I'll over pay for.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Dog ear redwood fencing is approaching $4/each for 6' boards in Reno, if you can find it. I think fencing that was going to be replaced this year will have to wait.

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I just finished building a play structure for the kids. The kits were going for $2-4 THOUSAND. I built something from PT but the lumber costs still easily exceeded $1k.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
What's really bizarre is sheathing grade plywood(CD) is more than finish grade(AB/AC) right now. Finding pressure treated lumber at any price is problematic as well. I'm afraid to even look at plumbing and electrical supplies.
Oak and Maple plywood is cheaper.