• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pocket in Ski Jacket Low Back

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Ya know, I tried skiing in a Filson once. It was the coldest heavy jacket I've ever worn. Contact-cold, not blow-through-wind cold - like a PU rain jacket except heavier.

My Sugoi Zap Versa cycling jacket has two of these pockets, one either side, with zips.

Dead pheasants.

I need to go riding up by you guys, only dead squirrels and muskrats down here.

Reactions: Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
latest Big Agnes Jacket, Smoking' Axle jacket has the rear pouch. Its build specifically for High level activity like fat biking, AT skiing and snowshoeing. Its made with Primoloft Active gold . I am using it as a mid-layer for skiing and I love the return to these pockets for soft extras I dont want to stuff my pockets with. And, I will put my sandwich in there tomorrow. Report and pics to follow

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I have 3 jackets with the lumbar pocket, all have zip off sleeves.
FYI, banana's don't do well back there :doh:

I have come to the conclusion that no pocket is acceptable for banana's in the same way I'm betting you have. :)

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
What is the purpose of the horizontal pocket located at the lumbar area of some ski jackets? Specifically what is supposed to go in there?

Bacon, always Bacon

MattFromCanada

Professional Something-or-another
Skier
What is the purpose of the horizontal pocket located at the lumbar area of some ski jackets? Specifically what is supposed to go in there?

The resort I used to work at had ski school jackets with back pockets. I can tell you with some experience and authority on the matter that you shouldn't put hard boiled eggs in there.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
The only thing I ever put in that back pockets was the sleeves off the jacket or the occasional extra toque or gloves while teaching. Since the hill was only 170', really didn't need to do that either. Sleeves came off the Phenix jacket and made in into a vest.

Sponsor

Staff online